06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

drove the car to work today and love it it feels so much better to drive and much more eager to get there feels like a smoother drive when you put your foot down it just pulls and pulls i love it and cant wait to drive it again... one of the things that i have noticed when i used to accelerate there was a little lul halfway into the rev range and wasn't massive but noticeable now that has gone which makes accelerating much nicer and feels (this sounds weird) fuller throughout the revs the i have found the torque feels like its increased as i have found the pull on the car feels much better the rev limiter has been increased a smidge over the redline its brilliant i will report after another driver later on this afternoon.

Doesn't sound weird at all mate! Quality little review there. Your renewed enthusiasm comes across really well. Glad it's all gone well and glad you're pleased!

Looks phenomenal mate!

What are your thoughts on the Corbeau Clubsports? ...I assume that they're Clubsports?

I'm really tempted to get some instead of my Pole Position idea. They're like a quarter of the price!

Looks phenomenal mate!

What are your thoughts on the Corbeau Clubsports? ...I assume that they're Clubsports?

I'm really tempted to get some instead of my Pole Position idea. They're like a quarter of the price!

i used to have some Coabeau Forza seats and loved them they where just heavy and grey but had there day so got these they are XL so fit me fine and are light as and very well priced i think there £150 each or so with the runners and side mounts i have got sparco subframes which have to be drilled and have removed the runners i sit very low but its very nice.

Doesn't sound weird at all mate! Quality little review there. Your renewed enthusiasm comes across really well. Glad it's all gone well and glad you're pleased!

yeah i will update after a little tweek and post a proper review with the company information and all that jaz

Reactions: ///M
i used to have some Coabeau Forza seats and loved them they where just heavy and grey but had there day so got these they are XL so fit me fine and are light as and very well priced i think there £150 each or so with the runners and side mounts i have got sparco subframes which have to be drilled and have removed the runners i sit very low but its very nice.

Thanks mate. I'd be after the standard sizing rather than the XLs.

I'm seriously considering them as an option. Leaves more money for other mods.

Reactions: Cliosport-carl
Sounds like all the things i experienced after a remap; and your clearly extremely happy :smile:

Just another level of real-World driveability without the standard Renault fuelling 'quirks'.

ENJOY !!

Another lovely spirited drive home and I love it it needs a clean but being at the Mrs house all week I've got no cleaning stuff so Sunday weather permitting it will get cleaned and a new set of b pillar wraps might even go a bit further lol

Another lovely spirited drive home and I love it it needs a clean but being at the Mrs house all week I've got no cleaning stuff so Sunday weather permitting it will get cleaned and a new set of b pillar wraps might even go a bit further lol

Alot of people remove the B-pillar decals altogether. You know its body-colour underneath ?

Going the long-way home is always a good sign. I did the same today too :smile:

Alot of people remove the B-pillar decals altogether. You know its body-colour underneath ?

Going the long-way home is always a good sign. I did the same today too :smile:
Yeah I seen the body colour I just think its odd with the black trim across the bottom of the door I'll take it off to get it all polished and mopped then put it back on lol

Yeah I seen the body colour I just think its odd with the black trim across the bottom of the door I'll take it off to get it all polished and mopped then put it back on lol

No worries. Just making sure you knew. You'd have found out when removing the old anyway.

And good luck with that BTW. Bit of a ball-ache. Hairdryer / heat-gun and an old credit card suggested.......

No worries. Just making sure you knew. You'd have found out when removing the old anyway.

And good luck with that BTW. Bit of a ball-ache. Hairdryer / heat-gun and an old credit card suggested.......

Yeah well see will finish off the new paint lovely

Can I ask what b-pillar decals you're going for?

I've gone for the eBay ones £20 delivered and they are textured ones

Reactions: Big Ben
drove the car back this morning and it just gets better and better only thing is i keep looking at how dirty the thing is i cannot wait to clean it on Sunday ill also get the old stickers off and have a few days with it..

Have been waiting on the brakes from ktec for a while now have just been updated and told they should be here by wed at the latest so am looking forward to next week now as this is when i will start sorting things out..

Reactions: tombate911
today was time to give the car some loving in the shape of worm soapy water well kinda i started to clean the car and i dried the car then was going to get the polish out and got very distracted i have found my top plate bolts will fit the coilovers which is fantastic however did result in having to take the scuttle panel off.. ah well de wipers looks fantastic and started to get the stupid sticker off the door pillar.. and my latest edition which i do like..

nice and dirty..

IMG_8837.JPG
IMG_8839.JPG
IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

I must say HDR filter looks kinda fantastic however i used it to much sorry but yellow frogs!!

IMG_8848.JPG IMG_8850.JPG IMG_8851.JPG IMG_8853.JPG
IMG_8876.JPG

and one last one without any filters of effects from photoshop..

IMG_8880.JPG

Reactions: sevenfourate
I used some film buddy its not the best and when I need to get the bumper off I'll do them again but it will do for now..

I used some film buddy its not the best and when I need to get the bumper off I'll do them again but it will do for now..

Doing with film again ?

The "paint" i used on the fogs of my Renault 19 was awful. Hardly stuck to the lense at all. Even after multiple coats - it scratched off very easily indeed.