197/200 what's the most bhp

Mine made 198.9bhp on the same rollers and is ok.

Clearly that extra 0.3bhp you have on me Ben; is whats holding me back. So pistons and rods coming out at the weekend for a polish, sealant and waxing session to smooth everything up and lower the friction :smile:

Seriously.....what are you weighing up Kev ?

Oh and @TB Rich is at 228bhp and approx 195lb-ft of torque from memory in n/a mode. Modest guy and i've never heard money mentioned. For the hell of it - i'd love to know what he's invested in that engine alone. Let alone the ones it took as 'trial runs' to get to this point............

I've mentioned it here and there occasionally, but if you factor from tailpipe to ecu then you can probably guess how many digits there are :dizzy:. And then the trial and error/failure just makes it painfully obscene :persevere:.

You could do it cheaper if using lesser components, but then raises the question of why bother - if you're trying to mitigate against weak points it needs to be all or nothing.
I need to put bigger cams in still, might make another 10bhp and whilst it doesn't add to the total built engine cost as such (cats are all what £700 ish), it does however add again to the wastage pile once again with labour and mapping :worried:
...........be worth it though :tearsofjoy:

My ex Gordini produced 199.7horsepower in dyno. Only modification was akrapovic evolution exhaust.
In same dynamometer my previous nimbus stock 197 made 185horses..

Here is picture about gordini dyno:
big.jpg

Down the line I'd like to shoot for 210-220, all NA with the single inlet. Possible.

At my rate though, this'll be in 2024.
Yes there's a part of me that wants to do the same. The standard engine can be very satisfying to wring its neck and a little more on top would be nice. If the budget doesn't allow you could always just have a remap at Ktec and you probably won't be far off :wink:

Yes there's a part of me that wants to do the same. The standard engine can be very satisfying to wring its neck and a little more on top would be nice. If the budget doesn't allow you could always just have a remap at Ktec and you probably won't be far off :wink:

Bitchy.....

Reactions: Gordini

Lol. At least their reputation is the same here as on CS.

Standard Twingo 133s have ran 300whp on their dyno.

Reactions: ///M and Gordini
I think Kev means speak to Paul at RS Tuning re. a remap, rather than KTec

Ah. Yeah I know, I've been to Paul before.

I was taking the piss out of the accuracy of KTEC's rollers. I'd never go there again for engine work after my experience years ago.

Down the line I'd like to shoot for 210-220, all NA with the single inlet. Possible.

At my rate though, this'll be in 2024.
What do you mean by single inlet mate? Is that like the RS2 inlet for the 1*2s?