197 conversion thread

OK almost ordered the ktec flywheel etc but had a last minute panic. If I use the 197 box so I can keep the short ratios I assume I use my 197 flywheel but which clutch ? @Sean197

Well sacked myself for the day so decided to hide in garage. Got water pump done and timing belt on meg stove. Remembered ktec flywheel etc was hiding somewhere so unpacked that. Took out the a4 piece of paper with a hundred points to look at before fitting. Now I have to find a race engineer to fit it apparently. Odd because ktec site says direct replacement.lol. Off to get some Torx sockets to remove clutch .

Nothing too special about fitting it...?

And yes, you cannot use the 197 box with the smf Megane flywheel. However the standard Clio clutch is fine for 300lb/ft so no problem there, i do however wonder why you'd want to retain the shitty 197 box?

Nothing too special about fitting it...?

And yes, you cannot use the 197 box with the smf Megane flywheel. However the standard Clio clutch is fine for 300lb/ft so no problem there, i do however wonder why you'd want to retain the shitty 197 box?
Purely because of the ratios. I'm using the Meg box now anyway.

The ratio's are paired to the high revving torqueless Clio engine, absolutely useless with a Meg engine imo, even on track!

Good to see you've decided to use the Meg box!

Reactions: DS197
The ratio's are paired to the high revving torqueless Clio engine, absolutely useless with a Meg engine imo, even on track!

Good to see you've decided to use the Meg box!
Yes I came to that conclusion too. I was thinking as no motorways etc here in Cornwall the close ratios would suit the back roads here but I decided I was being daft.lol

a meg box is much better Steve..stronger in every way..putting in gear is now a pleasure mate!!