197 crackle map..

Hi, my 197 has a miltek cat back and will soon be adding a decat pipe. The pre - cat will still be there, am i right in saying that just simply bashing the pre cat out will still give off the same response. It will then be going to rs tuning for the re map and of course getting rid of the flat spot.

Just want to know if im wasting my time and should get a de cat stainless manifold/ Y piece.

If you mash out the pre cat and have a decat fitted you'll be lucky if it passes emission test.. and if your having to actually get to the mani to bash it out you might as well get one without.

Most people either have a toyo mani with the cat or leave the mani and fit a decat.

Hello,

Emissions wont be a problem for me, also the the cat is down towards the bottom area so it will be easily accessible. Obviously all the pieces will be removed. Im just curios if it will give the a same/similar effect as a striaght de cat manifold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I smashed mine out it's a horrible job though, like really horrible never known a cat this strong, I'm still getting a proper manifold though as the empty chamber becomes an expansion chamber, can't say I noticed any negative effects but science says having a proper piece of pipe there would be better.

Reactions: 197ginge
I smashed mine out it's a horrible job though, like really horrible never known a cat this strong, I'm still getting a proper manifold though as the empty chamber becomes an expansion chamber, can't say I noticed any negative effects but science says having a proper piece of pipe there would be better.

Ive smashed a few out in my time and had a few nightmares. I agree with the expansion chamber and i also will more than likely get a full stainless in the future, my main concern was negative results from bashing it out

Ive smashed a few out in my time and had a few nightmares. I agree with the expansion chamber and i also will more than likely get a full stainless in the future, my main concern was negative results from bashing it out

No i didnt notice anything mate,

Having it mapped doesn't always get rid of the flat spot. I've had mine done by efi and it's still there from 2300-3k pal