197 Fuel Pump

Hi guys, I've had a 197 now for around 6 years (172 cup prior) and a few years ago I passed it over to my wife after buying a 3.2 TT. Anyway it's been a great car, but recently it's had some intermittent issues starting, usually resolved by giving the fuel tank a swift thump. I had a good idea it was the pump and yesterday it finally died and no longer starts. I decided to open the access panel and during the week I will make another aluminium panel, add anchor nuts and screw it in place.

So today I removed the pump and proved it was the issue, connecting to a battery charger and it didn't run up, it did occasionally by hitting it with a screw driver and then wouldn't start again.

Now comes my actual question haha

1) How do you remove the black hoses that connect between the pump and the white plastic outer housing? This is the last thing I need to do to fully remove it.

2) Which flow rate pump do I need to buy? I've seen 255 to 300 quoted as the 197 pump on various sites and varying in price from £86 to £146.

Thanks

Hi mate. Sorry i can't help answering your questions but I'm in a similar position and need a new fuel pump. Im thinking of doing it myself and cutting a bigger hole in the seat bottom, is this what you did? If so any pointers/stuff to watch? Is it just a plug and play job once you have access?

Ta