197 heater

If you remove the battery there is another fuse box underneath there. F8 is a fuse in there dedicated to just the wipers. Should be 20A (yellow).
I didn’t realise this i thought it was the fuse box to the side of the battery! I will check this now

Too many fuseboxes for the size of vehicle. Think there are two small boxes by the sides of the battery , one underneath, one under the dash with fuses and relays.

I've attached a photo of the box you're looking for.

Attachments

• Renault-Clio-MK3-20052009-Engine-Bay-Fuse-Box-UPC.jpg
    Renault-Clio-MK3-20052009-Engine-Bay-Fuse-Box-UPC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Should be three torx (I think) bolts which hold the tray in. Was a right pain to remove due to wiring harnesses and lack of space. The best description I could find of getting to the fuse box is here:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=75844

Just a shame the photos don't work however it's just a case of removing bits till you can access the fuse box. Take your time and I hope you've got a garage to work in :jimmy:

Cheers mate
Should be three torx (I think) bolts which hold the tray in. Was a right pain to remove due to wiring harnesses and lack of space. The best description I could find of getting to the fuse box is here:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=75844

Just a shame the photos don't work however it's just a case of removing bits till you can access the fuse box. Take your time and I hope you've got a garage to work in :jimmy:
been great help! Will update tomorrow about 5pm and see if thats the issue

May be being a bit thick but i cant find that fuse box. Removed battery and all the plastic. All i can see is the ecu to the right no fuse box?

Sounds like the same issue I had with it rattling, the fan is located on the heater matrix just to the left of the steering column,
if you remove the lower half of the drivers side dash and the brace plate. you will be able to reach the fan. it twists into place and can come loose. if the fan hits the side it will cut out. I would check the seating of the connector and then make sure it it clipped in by twisting it.

Callum

Sorry to have updated more often but wipers are now fixed. The fuse fixed the issue only problem is in my attempts to fix it quickly I've forgot the wiper position. Does anyone know how to regain the correct position?? Currently they clear the windscreen but the resting position is in the middle of the screen

So are you saying that it reaches both top and bottom of the screen on a single stroke but always goes back to the middle of the screen?

Just remembered you changed the motor. What you'll have to do is physically remove the motor from the wiper assembly(after making sure it's finished a fully sweep, so parked in the middle of your screen). Reset the wiper position by manually moving them to the bottom of the screen, and then reinstall the motor.

Just remembered you changed the motor. What you'll have to do is physically remove the motor from the wiper assembly(after making sure it's finished a fully sweep, so parked in the middle of your screen). Reset the wiper position by manually moving them to the bottom of the screen, and then reinstall the motor.
Thank you mate. Top guy!

I did the above but for some reason it keeps going back to the original parked position. Wondering if the metal arm with the ball was put on past the correct position?

This is the bit you need to disconnect and then reconnect once you've reset the position of the wiper mechanism by hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180415-190956.jpg
    Screenshot_20180415-190956.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 6
Right i see I suggested that to my friend as it made sense but we struggled to get it off so we’re hesitant not to break it will do this tomorrow then only the heater to go and shes a dream

image.jpg Just having a crack at the heater, taken the main dash off cant see anything obvious although i dont know what im look for heres a picture of the circuit if anyone may notice something not right?

Removed lower drivers side trim but didn’t remove the brace. Couldn’t see anything that was loose at all so as it stands the heaters got me stumped‍♂️

I believe that's the control panel for the heating?

I think the issue will be with the actual blower under the dash. I'll try and find out how to remove it as it's not something I've done myself.

I believe that's the control panel for the heating?

I think the issue will be with the actual blower under the dash. I'll try and find out how to remove it as it's not something I've done myself.
Cheers mate will attempt that at the weekend for definite. Just so strage how sometimes hitting the dash can make it come back on

Similar Thread Suggestions