197 Milltek Exhaust on a 200?

Hi guys,

I've tried searching online but seemed to read conflicting information.
I currently have a 200 with standard exhaust system. I potentially have a good deal on a Milltek non-res thats been taken off a 197.
Will it go straight on the 200 or would it need some modifications? Or will it simply not fit?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi guys,

I've tried searching online but seemed to read conflicting information.
I currently have a 200 with standard exhaust system. I potentially have a good deal on a Milltek non-res thats been taken off a 197.
Will it go straight on the 200 or would it need some modifications? Or will it simply not fit?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris, the 197 exhaust will fit onto a 200 - the only differences are the tips. 200 tips are generally shorter to fit into the diffuser funnels, whereas a 197 tips are longer as they of course stick out of the diffuser. So I would just check that, however fitment is exactly the same on either model.

Thanks Jimmy,
That’s part of what I’d read but then others mentioned melting diffusers which naturally id like to avoid .
Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of doing this themselves

It will be a case of measuring the tips on your standard 200 system and cutting the 197 tips to the same length so they sit around the heat shields at the correct distance, else you will definitely have a nice melted diffuser!

@chrisw91 don’t know if you’re still on this forum … but I now own your old car, and the exhaust was a great decision. But I have almost zero servicing paper work. You have any?