197 vs 200

As you know i dnt own a r.s yet but would like to know what you guys and girls think of the 197 and the 200, all the pro's and con's or recomendations?

no arguements plz

cheers paul

Bar the looks, the 200 is the better car (by small margins) in most other respects. Very similar though.

I'd drive a 197 1st, if you enjoy it and are happy with it, why spend more?

Gotta agree with Brown Bear and i'm a 197 owner. The 200 is a better car in certain aspects.

Drive the 197 if you like it, why spend more as quoted by Brown Bear. Also depends on which looks you prefer and budget.

Ah, iv already had a few test runs in the 200cup and WOW! I have never had such a huge grin on my face lol. So the 197 is pretty much the same yh?

As above, interior is very similar, 200 only has 4 seats though and does have more dash options. 200 chassis is slightly revised, though this is more so on the Cup with the quicker rack from what I have read. Engine is also slightly revised.

If it were me, I would let my budget decide. I think a cheaper 200 would be better value than a more expensive 197, but I wouldn't be too concerned that you were missing out by going for a cheaper 197.

Yeah pretty much, theres no HUGE differences between the two, but the 200 is just a slight evolution of the 197. Really for me the choice would be over budget/warranty/looks(slightly) rather than which is the better car.

Also there is a bigger difference between Cup/Non-Cup models in the 200 than in the 197.

There might only be some small differences but they add up to a big improvement IMO.

The lower end torque, the quicker rack and updated dual rate dampers make the 200 much better IMO. Oh and the RS monitor.

The only 197 I'd look at over a 200 would be a liquid yellow R27.

just buy the best of what you can afford - if it means you can only afford a 197 then just get the best of that

if you can afford a 200 then buy that - its not radically different - but has some worthwhile improvements

So would any of u recomend the 200cup or the 200 with optional cup chassis? I kinda don't see the point in a 200 with optional cup chassis but also think its a good idea as the standard cup doesn't come with a great spec.if I'm looking at spending around 10 to 12k this is quite a large investment

for me 200 with cup chassis - i like the handsfree system and the other little "extras" you get :cloud9:

That's what I was thinking as the others interior spec and options are very basic. Just gotta find a renault dealership near me that aren't all thick as two short planks! I really want a black 200 with cup chassis recaro's black speedlines and I'd be happy now to rob the bank!

With your budget, an R27 would probably be a better bet than a 200. 12k seems to be the minimum for a 200cup, so there won't be masses of choice about. With the R27 you'll have a better looking car, limited edition, nicer interior with standard Recaro bucket seats.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2731207.htm
2731207-6.jpg

1st. Yellow??? Not to sure on that possibly may grow on me as the front end of the 200 has.
2nd. Very nice but why so cheap??

With regards to the 200 cup or 200 with cup chassis, i'd say it depends on your useage. If it was gons be a weekend job with not many miles each year then you could save bit of money and get the cup. But if its gona be your daily then i'd def say 200 with cup chassis (or without).
For 12k, i'd personally be lookking at 197's. for that money your looking at low mileage, mint condition ones.
IMO

I love my 200 cup. The only options are the recaro seats.
Everything else is basic n thus light. 8)
Grin factor is 10/10.