200 Cup Gearbox seems noisy

Hey Chaps,

The gearbox in my 200 Cup seems noisy, I think when its warmed up.

If Im on a light throttle I can hear chattering and when Im accelerating or coasting down in say, 5th, I can kind of "hear the gears" - it just sounds rough.

Is this normal? Has anybody else noticed this?
The car has done 5000 miles and I'm fairly careful with it - I don't rush gear changes or mash the throttle in 1st gear, so I'm a bit gutted if the gearbox is on its way out already.

Last edited:
Try Google Translator.

Essentially, he stuffs the gear aperture with sound deadening foam.

If I misunderstand the problem, I am sorry.
My English skill is not good ,sometimes I dont see what you are talking about.

Yes, I tried deadening around gear stick to reduce the noise from it.
In the same way, I stuffed inner dashboard, inner meterhood, inner doors and so on.

Hey Chaps,

The gearbox in my 200 Cup seems noisy, I think when its warmed up.

If Im on a light throttle I can hear chattering and when Im accelerating or coasting down in say, 5th, I can kind of "hear the gears" - it just sounds rough.

Is this normal? Has anybody else noticed this?
The car has done 5000 miles and I'm fairly careful with it - I don't rush gear changes or mash the throttle in 1st gear, so I'm a bit gutted if the gearbox is on its way out already.

if you think its bad only way is to take it to the dealers for them to check it out :tongueout:anic:

I dont know it helps you but here is a link to my blog.
Its written in Japanese so only photos for you.
http://blog.e-nagao.com/article/42655430.html

did you find this made any difference :confused1:

did you find this made any difference :confused1:

My Clio is a driving car but it also audio car for me. Deadnening is very important to prevent noise ,even very small noise for you.

[Offtopic]
Thank you SarGara !! Yes the section is my trip reports.
A lot of SUSHI there :smiley:

I think the OP refers to the chattering, 'gear-y' noise that the gearbox makes when lifting off the throttle (i.e. engine braking). This has been discussed before on this forum and was found to be a characteristic of the TL4 gearbox.

Ofcourse, if the noise seems excessive it could signify a problem.

I think the OP refers to the chattering, 'gear-y' noise that the gearbox makes when lifting off the throttle (i.e. engine braking). This has been discussed before on this forum and was found to be a characteristic of the TL4 gearbox.

Ofcourse, if the noise seems excessive it could signify a problem.

Thats what I was getting at really - if its a characteristic of the gearbox then I'm not worried about it. I did wonder if changing the gear oil might help.
Whats the best possible gear oil I could use?