200 EDC Rims

I dont own a 200 EDC (yet, fingers crossed) but looking online i like the look of the rims on the trophy version that are diamond cut on the edge, has anyone heard of, or tried themselves, to diamond cut the normal black rims? if so what was the outcome?

Thanks

Here are pictures to be clearer

clio rim.jpg clio black rim.jpg

I think the diamond cut wheels on the Trophy do really set it off on a deep black one, but no other colour. They are a pain though, and I would recommend sticking to normal painted wheels and using the money on a remap :wink:

Thanks guys

I was going to ask about the upkeep of them

I have seen the KTR Renflash Remote ECU Remap, does anyone have experience with that?

Trying to think of the tuning options I want/can afford to judge what i want to pay for the car

Thanks guys

I was going to ask about the upkeep of them

I have seen the KTR Renflash Remote ECU Remap, does anyone have experience with that?

Trying to think of the tuning options I want/can afford to judge what i want to pay for the car

I would only take my Clio to one of the following three companies: RS Tuning, Engine Dynamics or EFI
All depends where you are based, but really my opinion for a Mk4 remap is with RS Tuning in Leeds, and I live in Kent!

Thankfully Leeds is only about an hour from me.

What can I expect from a remap from RS Tuning and what cost? also what would you recommend to go with this remap, i.e exhaust, induction kit etc.

The clio i will most likely be getting is the LUX model if thats of any use

Thanks Micah

Thankfully Leeds is only about an hour from me.

What can I expect from a remap from RS Tuning and what cost? also what would you recommend to go with this remap, i.e exhaust, induction kit etc.

The clio i will most likely be getting is the LUX model if thats of any use

Thanks Micah

Pretty sure his remaps are just short of £400, think mine for my mk3 200 was about £300 in a group buy,

Also your mods should make around 250 (someone correct me if I’m wrong), I remember seeing some graphs he put up on Facebook

Currently this month RS Tuning are offering 20% off remaps - not sure what it brings it down too but I know that my Clio 200 would be around £270 with discount applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Currently this month RS Tuning are offering 20% off females - not sure what it brings it down too but I know that my Clio 200 would be around £270 with discount applied.

I gather you mean remaps and not females - I'm not sure if Paul is a pimp :tongueout: (the wonders of autocorrect I am guessing!)
@Chris has a Lux model and got his mapped there, think he's pushing around the 250 mark and has oodles of torque. I'd recommend fitting all the mods you want before splashing out on the map itself, just so you get the very best out of the car.

I wish I had the money to get the car this month! going to be a bit of a silly 21st present to myself i think

Thanks for your help everyone

Can't wait to get one

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Chris LY made 245bhp with no mods. Very strong engine. Goes like stink believe me!!

Reactions: Chris
I'd steer clear of diamond cut...

You'll have to weigh up mods yourself... for the gains/£ just a map is best value.

If you do induction you might as well do exhaust, and with the additional power they will give you, you will want an intercooler, which is like £600. So it turns into nearlly 2k rather than £400...

Thanks Chris,

I'll probably stick with just a remap then.

I was just reading through your progress thread, great thread for me to know about problems with the car and the mods you've done!

I will definitely be driving the hell out of it!

I would like to take it round the ring one day, but probably once im back to being financially stable after getting it

anything that should be changed at x amount of miles like cambelt? I'm going to go through a few more threads as well, want to be aware of any problems or issues to look out for.

would RS Monitor be something to out weigh another car,
for example if theres one with RS monitor with 50000 miles would that be better in your opinion than one without RS monitor with 40000 miles if the cars the same price?