200 remap

Heard of the benefots of having the 197 remapped but dont really hear many people getting the 200 done. Is it pointless on a 200 and if not when to get one done is the next question. My car only has 2k on the clock. A mate of mine is a rr trainee at TDF and he rekons wait till after the first service then get it done. Only thing is if I do that ill be waiting ages the rate I'm putting miles on my car at the minute... ie, not many!

service goes by time and miles depends which you hit first. get your inlets matched and a pnel filter, then at least you got something more worth getting mapped.

depends on how the cars is running, there have been cars on here running low 180s standard and mapped upto 190s, and its not just the little power gain it the whole drivability of the car, so much better when mapped.

What is in inlets matched and how does that help?

inside plenum to inlet modifold to head machined so they match up so more better free flowing, the cast inside are terrieble from standard.

the 1st service on the 200 isnt due until 2 years old, think its 12k. But i got mine done at 1 year and 6,500 miles. best looking after it if you ask me, cant do any harm.

the inlets on the 200 are supposed to be much better though arent they. I thought that was part of the extra 3hp from the 197 to the 200?

Pointless getting a standard car mapped mate

There is alot of point on the 197!! Recently had mine done at Tdf and is considerably better to drive, no horrible flat spots now and that's worth sorting that out on it's own, more torques and a power increase from 187 standard to 193 mapped. Matt at Tdf also heightened peak power from around 6900 where it felt like it was dropping away just before to now where it pulls noticeably stronger than before all the way to 7400-7500rpm if you want it to. Shift light also adjusted to suit as part of the mapping. Driveability of the car now is very very good indeed.

With this mind, perhaps not on every car, but on the 197 it's absolutely worth getting remapped!

the inlets on the 200 are supposed to be much better though arent they. I thought that was part of the extra 3hp from the 197 to the 200?

i would probably say they are the same, quality wise they havent change since the phase 1 172. i was shocked at how bad they were on the 197. the outside of plenum are better quality then the inside.

There is alot of point on the 197!! Recently had mine done at Tdf and is considerably better to drive, no horrible flat spots now and that's worth sorting that out on it's own, more torques and a power increase from 187 standard to 193 mapped. Matt at Tdf also heightened peak power from around 6900 where it felt like it was dropping away just before to now where it pulls noticeably stronger than before all the way to 7400-7500rpm if you want it to. Shift light also adjusted to suit as part of the mapping. Driveability of the car now is very very good indeed.

With this mind, perhaps not on every car, but on the 197 it's absolutely worth getting remapped!

face palm*

Last edited: