2007 197 throttle body issue

Richie.

Gold Member
Evening folks, finally got round to dragging my newly acquired 197 out the trailer to look at why it won't start.....(I bought it as a none runner).

But first the history that the previous owner has told me, it had a problem with the throttle body which was replaced with a brand new Renault item. Car ran fine until it was lightly hit from behind (left hand side) which caused car to stop at side of circuit and required it to be towed back to the pits.

So today fitted a new battery and tried to start it. Code reader gave DF067 which I believe is 'motorised throttle motor'. The car cranks on the button and fires for a second or two then dies. Fuel pump primes fine. On removing air box to throttle body pipe it was found that the actual inlet butterfly was jammed/won't move. Got a friend to check his and his moves when pushed.

Any ideas ??? I'm new to this French stuff so please be gentle

good luck getting to the bottom of it..hope all is ok soon..
just in case you need a used TB,I have 1 for sale...

Get yourself a Renault clip diagnostic tool much easier to find problems than general fault codes about £130 just watch the software CD's can be full of viruses. I kept getting on the 172 antipollution faults then limp mode general readers just gave pollution error code the Renault clip straight away said which lambda it was and the internal heater of it was not working which threw the readings out generating fault light and limp mode.

Get yourself a Renault clip diagnostic tool much easier to find problems than general fault codes about £130 just watch the software CD's can be full of viruses. I kept getting on the 172 antipollution faults then limp mode general readers just gave pollution error code the Renault clip straight away said which lambda it was and the internal heater of it was not working which threw the readings out generating fault light and limp mode.
can this then erase the faults too??

Yes it can it's what the dealer uses and can show if a button on the dash has been pressed and status with the programing code for the car it can add new keys and it can manipulate things like the throttle valve open and close abs circuits on command. I used it on a New DCI megane and I erased some DPF error codes and it was able to say the internal boot light had a short circuit (Blown Bulb)

Reactions: Pav
Yes it can it's what the dealer uses and can show if a button on the dash has been pressed and status with the programing code for the car it can add new keys and it can manipulate things like the throttle valve open and close abs circuits on command. I used it on a New DCI megane and I erased some DPF error codes and it was able to say the internal boot light had a short circuit (Blown Bulb)
Surely a blown bulb is open circuit :chair:

No they can short out as well I had a 16V Clio (Williams Type) drove into a filling station the car would not turn off even after I took the key out of the ignition my brother was a Renault service manager so I rang him and explained and he said straight away one of the tail light bulbs had gone sure enough that was correct and fixed it.

No they can short out as well I had a 16V Clio (Williams Type) drove into a filling station the car would not turn off even after I took the key out of the ignition my brother was a Renault service manager so I rang him and explained and he said straight away one of the tail light bulbs had gone sure enough that was correct and fixed it.
I stand corrected

not at all think of it as being aware it scared the crap out of me at the time I stalled the car out to stop it but the ignition remained on I was expecting a massive repair bill as I had a 106 XSI 1.4 when they came out and I turned it off outside a shop and it would not start again the Dealer quoted £700 for a new engine loom and 2 men 2 days work fitting it as they had seen it before and since the car would not start the computers could not diagnose it. £50 to a good auto electrician a bad pin to the ECU fixed it and as long as my arse looks downwards I will never pay £700 + time for a loom when all I did was turn the ignition off and on again keep us up to date with your gearbox I don't have a problem with mine at the moment but I would like to have spares and a plan if it should as a lack of used spares in Northern Ireland.

not at all think of it as being aware it scared the crap out of me at the time I stalled the car out to stop it but the ignition remained on I was expecting a massive repair bill as I had a 106 XSI 1.4 when they came out and I turned it off outside a shop and it would not start again the Dealer quoted £700 for a new engine loom and 2 men 2 days work fitting it as they had seen it before and since the car would not start the computers could not diagnose it. £50 to a good auto electrician a bad pin to the ECU fixed it and as long as my arse looks downwards I will never pay £700 + time for a loom when all I did was turn the ignition off and on again keep us up to date with your gearbox I don't have a problem with mine at the moment but I would like to have spares and a plan if it should as a lack of used spares in Northern Ireland.
Does my arse look downwards?

Are you sure that crash safety switch is not preventing car to start?
There has been some cars, which has this kind of switch you have to press if car has been in crash. This switch cuts fuel after accident to avoid fire. I dont know if clio has this kind of switch.

Reactions: sevenfourate