2012 200 just purchased

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. Still have my 172cup too. It seems a shame to sell it, would prob only get a grand for it and it's been with me since new as said. I reckon the reason the cup has more straight line speed is simply down to weight. The 200 has something like 15% more power and 20%+ more weight, plus the power curve is probably pretty much the same up to 6000 anyway. Around the corners I haven't even scratched the surface of the 200s ability. It is so much more stable and grippy, less drama all round.
A remap is definitely something I'd consider. Is there favoured guru for this sort of thing with 200s? I've been reading up on 200s and what's available for them since I got it, some device that amplifies the signal to the FBW TB seems popular. I must say it seems a bit "snake oil" to me, but there's a lot of thumbs up for the device online. Maybe i'll give that a go.
Took a pic of both cars together just now but looks like I need a photobucket acct or similar to post pics here so gonna quickly get that sorted.

Cool post mate. Weight is a BIG part of it. It's getting on 30bhp down for a start. And the old ones are definitely a more raw experience.

How does the steering compare on the new one?

///M The steering is nice and precise. Not Lotus Elise level, but very nice nonetheless. The first thing you notice about the car when you drive it for the first time is the incredible thickness of the steering wheel! This is definitely the fattest steering wheel I've driven, it's crazy fat, but cool.
James, I think this is your old car! The Megane in your profile pic looks like the one that we sold in PX for this. Reg was GF12 GWK, but things have moved on since then.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: jamesgw200
Another thing you notice about the steering in the 200 is that there appears to be no torque steer. The 172cup merrily tugs at the wheel whenever it's booted in a low gear, not that I mind that all.

///M The steering is nice and precise. Not Lotus Elise level, but very nice nonetheless. The first thing you notice about the car when you drive it for the first time is the incredible thickness of the steering wheel! This is definitely the fattest steering wheel I've driven, it's crazy fat, but cool.
James, I think this is your old car! The Megane in your profile pic looks like the one that we sold in PX for this. Reg was GF12 GWK, but things have moved on since then.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
yes mate she is :smile:
any questions then just pm me! Was sad to see her go. Very happy that an enthusiast has bought her. :blush:

Great story. In exactly same position. Cup from new in 03, reached 180k, wanted to give it a rest, got a Raider, Raider feels slow in comparison in a straight line, but more refined. Finding i use both 50/50 at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great story. In exactly same position. Cup from new in 03, reached 180k, wanted to give it a rest, got a Raider, Raider feels slow in comparison in a straight line, but more refined. Finding i use both 50/50 at the moment.

My 220t would hose over my previous 7 clios plus you have power from 1k rpm and all the way though the Rev range

I did drive a 200T when considering what to move on to next but didn't tick any boxes for me, and there started a long hunt for an almost as new 200.

I did drive a 200T when considering what to move on to next but didn't tick any boxes for me, and there started a long hunt for an almost as new 200.

220T/200T Chalk and Cheese very different cars especially on track @SRT40 I've had every RS from.172 onwards

I have a 182 Cup which is not as raw as the 172 Cup but I do think in my head it's quicker than the 197 I have. Different cars with different characteristics though.