380 bhp Clio 200T?

Its well documented about the Clio sharing the Nissan turbo engine. Now we know the japs are backward coming forward when it comes to tuning. Just been reading about GTM tuning company already have a stage 1-3 turbo upgrade. Stage 3 turbo is good for 380 bhp and costs around £800 upgrading your existing turbo. I haven't looked into the obvious stuff around forged engines and stuff that goes along with that power but if they are offering the turbo then I'm sure the engine internals will be on offer too....or you could just settle for the st1 at 275bhp.

The other Jap companies will follow..IMPUL, HKS, Greddy, NISMO and JDM. Watch this space, because one thing the 200T owners wont be moaning about is the lack of engine mods. Just read the Nissan Juke forums.

I don't think it will be long till some seriously modded ones are around! Some if ours out heavily modded but not compared to other makes, we've had to seriously persevere lol

Possibly a dumb question, but I assume you wouldn't be able to engine transplant a 200T into a 197/200?

Possibly a dumb question, but I assume you wouldn't be able to engine transplant a 200T into a 197/200?

I reckon you could, both meg lumps squeeze in. I'm sure so done will do it one day, but if its a transplant if rather put a meg engine in myself.

Doubt it will fit. The reason the meg lump fits is cause to date the engine blocks are virtually the same F4R. Its hard to tell the differnt just looking at the meg and Clio block alone. Clio and Meg engine bays and mounts are not that different too. This engine represents something completely different.

Doubt it will fit. The reason the meg lump fits is cause to date the engine blocks are virtually the same F4R. Its hard to tell the differnt just looking at the meg and Clio block alone. Clio and Meg engine bays and mounts are not that different too. This engine represents something completely different.

engine maybe but its also slightly smaller and the bay in which it is fitted ie 200t is still a 197/200 chassis/floor pan and the nissan juke is also clio underneath so not a million miles away from each other - i even think theres a manual juke with a detuned 1.6t engine!

engine maybe but its also slightly smaller and the bay in which it is fitted ie 200t is still a 197/200 chassis/floor pan and the nissan juke is also clio underneath so not a million miles away from each other - i even think theres a manual juke with a detuned 1.6t engine!

This is true - The Clio 4, the Clio 3 and the Nissan Juke are all based on the Nissan B platform.

So in theory, you could already make your own Clio 3 with a 1.6 DiG-T using a Juke engine and manual gearbox.

I'd like to think you could mount the engine and transmission to the chassis without fab work for mounts, given you can get a Clio and a Juke with a K9K. All that's left is the usual conversion nut-ache of making it run! :lol:

I'm not a big fan of the new 200T YET, but I could be tempted with power figures like these haha.
Turbos are so easily tuned and initially for a very small outlay you can gain some massive figures.

Seems tempting to me:smile:

TBH, if your paying 20K for a car you don't want and then spending 2-4K on making it 300ish surly you would be better buying a manual, 3dr with upgrades already available?

265 anyone? yes new price may be more but 2nd hand will be as cheap if not slightly cheaper.

Power doesn't equal better! The reason why the current clio is so good is because of the involvment it gives and in some ways because it hasn't got huge amounts of power. If you want power, might as well just get a used meg or rs focus etc as thats where the new clio price is equivalant to. However, i suppose if it handles as well as the 200 and the chassis could actually cope with the power going through the front wheels it could have appeals.
For me though the new 200 is gona attract a new kind of owner, and IMO it won't be the die hard driving enthusiasts! More of the boost junkies from polo gti's and vxr's etc. Depends what floats your boat i suppose.

Will it, wont it fit? why fit it anyway? why pay 2k moddin a 20k car, just buy a meg 265?
Who knows!!!!!!

The point for me is this car isn't here yet, and already there are mods available and stuff already being developed. Like it or hate it, this car will be a modern RS. If the japs have anything to so with it, you will see more mods for this Nissan engine and you wont have to wait 5 years for them. There equally wont be a limited amount of tuners so the cost wont be as ridiculous as now (5 grand for a SC that gives you 200lbft)!!!

Jap power, French Chassis....This car gonna change the landscape as we know it....

Will it, wont it fit? why fit it anyway? why pay 2k moddin a 20k car, just buy a meg 265?
Who knows!!!!!!

The point for me is this car isn't here yet, and already there are mods available and stuff already being developed. Like it or hate it, this car will be a modern RS. If the japs have anything to so with it, you will see more mods for this Nissan engine and you wont have to wait 5 years for them. There equally wont be a limited amount of tuners so the cost wont be as ridiculous as now (5 grand for a SC that gives you 200lbft)!!!

Jap power, French Chassis....This car gonna change the landscape as we know it....

the only reason is that its a "nissan" engine and has been out for quite awhile now and like most turbo engines these days is in different states of tune all due to ecu maps - whereas what else was an fr4 (clio spec as such) fitted in!

it will be "easy" to tune - just hope its relaible at big boost!

the only reason is that its a "nissan" engine and has been out for quite awhile now and like most turbo engines these days is in different states of tune all due to ecu maps - whereas what else was an fr4 (clio spec as such) fitted in!

it will be "easy" to tune - just hope its relaible at big boost!

Like you say, been out a while and no horror stories as yet. Who'd want the FR4 Clio spec anyway? No torque, no mods that don't cost a kidney, stupidly high fuel costs and you have to rev it like you stole it to get anywhere. Its the absolutely wonderful chassis that makes a Clio and certainly not the engine IMO.

Last edited:
Like you say, been out a while and no horror stories as yet. Who'd want the FR4 Clio spec anyway? No torque, no mods that don't cost a kidney, stupidly high fuel costs and you have to rev it like you stole it to get anywhere. Its the absolutely wonderful chassis that makes a Clio and certainly not the engine IMO.

whilst i agree to some part i actually like the engine and how it is

yes its not a new design and to be fair to the technology it has on it it does a good job of handling emissions and getting the power..

i would of liked and i think if the world was different renault would have kept the f4r and maybe given it direct injection vvt on both cams and variable induction along with some internal tweeks to reduce friction and rotational losses - maybe not massive peak power gain but would have given more low down grunt lower co2 and a lift in bhp :hug1:

i would of liked and i think if the world was different renault would have kept the f4r and maybe given it direct injection vvt on both cams and variable induction along with some internal tweeks to reduce friction and rotational losses - maybe not massive peak power gain but would have given more low down grunt lower co2 and a lift in bhp :hug1:

If Renault were any good at selling any of their other cars besides the RS models then that might have been what they would have done for the new model. Oh well.