4th gear crunch help!!

Hi everyone,

I bought my Clio in September from Evans halshaw and in the past few days I have started getting a horrible crunch in 4th gear.

I know Evans Halshaw will be a waste of time so just want to know if Renault UK would repair it. And if so who do I need to get in touch with?

The car is a 2011 Silverstone and its got 21k on the clock.

Thanks any help will be great.

Lewis

Nothing to lose if you phone up the dealer and asks them but sadly Renault still don't recognise the gearbox fault as an issue, well as far as I'm aware. But go for it and hope for the best!

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and ill let you's know what they say.

They must do something the car has only done 21?!!!!!!

No chance I'm afraid

Steve's right.

Infact thats not quite true.....

IMO you have two chances: Slim and None :-(

Absolutely worth a phone call though.

Tell them its a known, proven and well documented "fault".......and let us know Renaults thought.

GOOD LUCK.

I know fingers crossed

I read somewhere that the engines and gear boxes have 100k warranty can anyone confirm this?

No such warranty no.

RUK have been good with people who have been loyal to the brand for a long time, and will offer a gesture, but if your just new to the RS's then as above, you have no chance as it's out of warranty.

first you need to complain from where you got it...give them some shit over it

renault show good will if its been in the dealer network/serviced by them but you have to consider its age not mileage 6yrs old! and as already stated its usually cheaper just to get an exchange box then one form Renault with a goodwill contribution

So been on the phone to Evans halshaw and RUK today.

Evans halshaw as much use as an ash tray on motor bike

Ruk want me to book it in to a dealer and get it diagnosed which they say will cost 50-80 quid. And that's still no guarantee they will sort it.

So I was thinking is there any place that does uprated synchro's and if so if someone could point me in their direction that would be great.

Thanks