ABS help

Hi so on way home from buying my f1 the abs light come on and esp. on my works snap on computer it's saying drivers rear speed sensor so I've changed the abs sensor and new disc but come straight back on as soon as the car moves
Any common problems with this?

Can't you reset abs by locking steering wheel from fully right to fully left? (or left to right can't remember)

EDIT: think it's left to right.

Tried that today pal lights still on Anyone any ideas?
The brakes work fine but just have annoying lights on with spanner.
I've noticed the Handbrake is pretty high could it be how to do with that?

Can't you reset abs by locking steering wheel from fully right to fully left? (or left to right can't remember)

EDIT: think it's left to right.

thats usually for the esp system reset as it used the sterring angle sensor for the esp calculations

Reactions: Dystant
you cannot disable abs via obd2...

have you tried a - ohms test on wheel sensor and then voltage check at abs sensor multi plug to see if theres an abs pulse?

handbrake is probably adjustment

Yes pal not reading nothing.
Is it easier to just delete it out as it brakes fine and i don't want to start chasing a problem. Only had it a few days and cost me 150 for sensor,disc and fitting

Yes pal not reading nothing.
Is it easier to just delete it out as it brakes fine and i don't want to start chasing a problem. Only had it a few days and cost me 150 for sensor,disc and fitting

did you make sure the disc had the excitor ring on the bearing fitted?

Yes pal lol
One thing I did not was the round thing that the abs sensor sits in half of it was missing looks like it as rusted away or some fool as cut it off.
Would that cause the problem?

Yes pal lol
One thing I did not was the round thing that the abs sensor sits in half of it was missing looks like it as rusted away or some fool as cut it off.
Would that cause the problem?

it could be by having too much of an air gap from sensor to ring - especially if theres no voltage pulse down the sensor wire

I've printed the abs wiring diagram from autodata so think my works sparky is going to take a look. Really don't want to take it to Renault will cost to much.

Same happened to me. Bought a used stub axle (doesnt matter which side), knocked the dust shield off with a punch and a spray of wd40. Knocked the old rusty one off the stub axle and punched the new one in place.

Abs rings can be bought for a tenner off eBay, stub axle was £35 from renparts but they sell quickly.

You can get the shield brand new but you have to buy a front wheel bearing kit. I just painted mybuses one with black hammerite and it'll be fine. Abs works fine again.