adamskies albi blue 197(slow thread)

so thought id start a wee thread on my clio
so been looking at clio sports 197/200s for a while always loved clio sports 172/182 and also 197 and 200s
went and saw this white clio cup 197
071747dcb00a491ea188bba84684c147.jpga7bdeea97d8a314a99207d443b3a34e6.jpg
went and saw it and me being me jumped right in and wanted it
left the garage and rememberd another garage nearby had a blue 197 so decided id go have a wee look at it 25e3c89199cb7f8fdb7b40ca4114f858.jpgfcf2216f4cfe411e3e60a6dcefcf1e2d.jpg
it had alot more to offer than the white cup ended up buying it older than the cup but less miles and and full Renault service history and cost less than the cup

couple of days later i picked wee chloe up 6e55248ec30219a0ea55bdb8a47d7b9d.jpg
safe to say im over the moon with her so far

Glad to hear you've found a good one :thumbup: always worth having a look at a couple to get a bit of perspective.

Do you have any modding plans for it, or keeping it standard and just enjoying it?

Glad you got one in the end.a blue clio will always stand out..
As above,any plans?

just basic mods the now planned wind deflectors exhaust tips led interior and reg bulbs and orsam headlight bulbs etc got them all ordered so will get pics up as it progresses folks and need to get my private plate transfered

Last edited:
forgot to mention picked up on a few faults with the car slight blow in exhaust and clunking from rear and squeeky aulternator belt so took back to the garage today will be getting sorted tomorrow [emoji106]pick her back up tomorrow after work

forgot to mention picked up on a few faults with the car slight blow in exhaust and clunking from rear and squeeky aulternator belt so took back to the garage today will be getting sorted tomorrow [emoji106]pick her back up tomorrow after work

"slight blow in exhaust" and "picking up tomorrow" could be interesting if its the normal 197/200 slight manifold blow. Because thats no quick or easy job.

Fingers crossed it isnt and they get all your problems sorted today :smile:

"slight blow in exhaust" and "picking up tomorrow" could be interesting if its the normal 197/200 slight manifold blow. Because thats no quick or easy job.

Fingers crossed it isnt and they get all your problems sorted today :smile:

should have put hopefully picking up tomorrow lol

Let us know how it's gone for you!

Garages are awful sometimes.

clunking sorted feels so much better still a slight squeek from alternator belt area and exhaust sounds sorted but will be checking it all out tomorrow hopefully its just me being picky/paranoid

clunking sorted feels so much better still a slight squeek from alternator belt area and exhaust sounds sorted but will be checking it all out tomorrow hopefully its just me being picky/paranoid
Could be belt pulley? I'd get that inspected. You've only just had the thing and your quite entitled to get it all sorted for free.

Glad everything else is spot on now. Getting there!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

car back in garage on tue as on way upto garage today to say about the belt pulley and check abs and esp warning light came on so there going to repair both hope that its all sorted after tue
manager to fit my orasam headlight bulbs and led sidelights with great pain to my small hands lol

Sorry to hear you keep getting little problems flagging up, it's not the ideal introduction to 197 ownership! At least the garage seem intent on sorting it for you, just make sure they do! Best of luck with it :smile:

car back in garage on tue as on way upto garage today to say about the belt pulley and check abs and esp warning light came on so there going to repair both hope that its all sorted after tue
manager to fit my orasam headlight bulbs and led sidelights with great pain to my small hands lol

You'll sort it all mate, then you can love it. Just the humps that's all. All cars need loving, Renaults maybe slightly more occasionally, but the garage shouldn't have given it to you like that to be fair! Glad they are sorting it for you though for free.

At least it's happened whilst your still in a situation that the garage can remedy it!

you will fall in love once it's fixed and healthy :smile:

yeah im glad im trying to get it all tip top before the warrenty is up
all these set backs and i still love driving it coming from a big heavy bmw e36 to the 197 is amence ! always wanted a 197 since they came out and finally got one. Still going out and not beileving its mine lol

always wanted a 197 since they came out and finally got one. Still going out and not beileving its mine lol

3 years later and I still feel the same.guess that's good..I gave
a quick ride to my mate who has never been in one of these and he was blown away by the way it drives and handles..

3 years later and I still feel the same.guess that's good..I gave
a quick ride to my mate who has never been in one of these and he was blown away by the way it drives and handles..

my mrs was saying it wont be that fast lol took it all the way in 2nd into 3rd upto 70 and she was petrified [emoji23]lol

1483cec82430ea3065a81c171fc389ed.jpg
led sidelights
506b3626d940bcfa5ae90366180d3f82.jpg
osram nightbreaker unlimited headlight bulbs fitted
also have foglight and full beam bulbs just not had the time to fit them properly
headlight bulbs and sidelight bulbs were a pain to fit hands were all cut and scratched lol

Yeah the lights are a pig to change! The first time is the worst, but it does get easier.