Aerial lead

I've had problems with radio reception this week so first thoughts was maybe the aerial lead had maybe come out of the hu
so i rang the dealer and asked them to pop it out just to check and its all in place so the guy put on some kind of meter to test the aerial

The verdict is its developed an open currant so now they have to strip the instrument panel,a pillar,and head lining to find the problem:angry:

In all my years of owning/driving cars ive had and seen many problems but never a broken down p*****g aerial ffs

Rant done

Phil

I've had problems with radio reception this week so first thoughts was maybe the aerial lead had maybe come out of the hu
so i rang the dealer and asked them to pop it out just to check and its all in place so the guy put on some kind of meter to test the aerial

The verdict is its developed an open currant so now they have to strip the instrument panel,a pillar,and head lining to find the problem:angry:

In all my years of owning/driving cars ive had and seen many problems but never a broken down p*****g aerial ffs

Rant done

Phil

Hmmmm, not sure about that explanation. Did the dealer tell you that?

It doesn't make sense, it may be open circuit, but then the core and sheath of an aerial cable aren't joined anywhere anyway, so it will be open circuit on a continuity tester. (I'm an electrician btw!)

I smell BS here, more probably a loose connection somewhere / co-ax connector not made off properly.

Hi mate
Yes thats what they said and that theres an extension lead that could be the problem which makes your theory sound plausable

Cheers