Akra Evo too quiet..

A guy with an Akra on his Meg trophy told me at the weekend that my Scorpion resonated system sounds great. I'll take his word for it..!
The guy with the meg has a name :wink: Its the same story with my akrapovic. Shes nice and subtle when pottering and only when you give it one is when it comes alive with its own unique noise. Tho i must say, scorpion exhausts on the rs clio gets my thumbs up!

Reactions: Big Ben
Pete if you chop the middle silencer it'll be extremely loud, boomy and drony, definitely not great. A member has tried it and put it back on.

I absolutely love the exhaust because of the exact same reason you don't. Because when cruising on the motorway and in the city you can't even tell you've got it but when on full chat magic happens. And that is the reason I'd be more than willing to pay full price (which I didn't). I guess I'm too old for loud exhausts.

I've recently fitted a manifold with no cat and the results are even better I have to say. Still no droning but raspier and louder with unpredictable pops and bangs, loving it:smile:
I'm assuming you have warning lights on for the lack of a cat then? Or have you had it mapped out?

I'm assuming you have warning lights on for the lack of a cat then? Or have you had it mapped out?
No mate I didn't have any warnings coming up unless of course the fitter cleared them after fitting? I didn't ask to be honest.

However I did have it mapped just to make sure everything is as it should be and in an effort to cure the flat spot (which it didn't lol).

Reactions: Northloopcup
I totally agree, although glad it's not just me that finds the akra a bit quiet during normal driving!
I have a @Flacsi carbon airbox, ktec manifold and an akrapovic evo. Sounds great high in the revs, but just starting the engine, you probably wouldn't realise it has all this. No droning either, which I had a lot of with the ktec manifold and standard exhaust.

I totally agree, although glad it's not just me that finds the akra a bit quiet during normal driving!
I have a @Flacsi carbon airbox, ktec manifold and an akrapovic evo. Sounds great high in the revs, but just starting the engine, you probably wouldn't realise it has all this. No droning either, which I had a lot of with the ktec manifold and standard exhaust.
If you have the Akra and Ktec manifold how do you pass an MOT? I only ask as that's the exact set-up I plan but I need to keep mine MOT friendly. Thanks mate

OK Guys

Since i know many people are extremely happy with there akras please take it easy on me. I find mine too quiet, It doesn't have the meaty depth i was after. I guess we all like different things which is what makes this forum interesting and i may have got sucked into the Akra hype. Dont get me wrong i think is a fabulous system and of exceptional quality.

Should i try removing the center silencer? or should i sell it and get something else? if so what?

I would still like to pass noise regs at track days though.
I must send you a sound clip of the AG..... the word 'EVIL' describes it best, you would ever consider this to be too quiet....

Reactions: R32pete
If you have the Akra and Ktec manifold how do you pass an MOT? I only ask as that's the exact set-up I plan but I need to keep mine MOT friendly. Thanks mate
Freindly mot tester. I do plan to get a sports cat cut in at some point though or go back to the standard manifold, I think without a catalyst you lose some torque but gain some top-end power (not entirely sure though so don't take my word for it!).
Emissions light never came on either which is strange.

Reactions: mannors007
Where does everyone get their Akra from? Seems a lot of people paid less than full retail??
I paid £1100 from rstuning, was the cheapest I found online for new at the time. Was definitely worth it though, no buyers remorse (I did honestly think I would regret a little bit spending over a grand for an exhaust for a Clio!).
You could get a second hand one if you're prepared to wait for one to come up though.

Reactions: mannors007
I paid £1100 from rstuning, was the cheapest I found online for new at the time. Was definitely worth it though, no buyers remorse (I did honestly think I would regret a little bit spending over a grand for an exhaust for a Clio!).
You could get a second hand one if you're prepared to wait for one to come up though.

Thanks mate. I want a new one, I just want to pay as little for it as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a scorpion non res on mine and it sounds epic. But some times I find it a bit to loud in town.
It was on the car when I bought it and has had the cat welded to it.
It's a nice system to be fair.

Pez

Just got my akra have to say disappointed. Possibly because I had hyped it up from the reviews here and listening to it online. I expected it to pop and bang (subtly). I’m hoping once it beds in it becomes a bit more characterful. I think also I’m comparing it to previous Honda 4 pots that when paired with a decent exhaust sounded amazing. It felt like they u locked something in the sound dynamics

This is characterless. No additional pops / over run sounds.

It does have big positives - feels massively stronger at the top end, and given the volume I think I’ll be able to go with the manifold as well.

Reactions: DS197
Just got my akra have to say disappointed. Possibly because I had hyped it up from the reviews here and listening to it online. I expected it to pop and bang (subtly). I’m hoping once it beds in it becomes a bit more characterful. I think also I’m comparing it to previous Honda 4 pots that when paired with a decent exhaust sounded amazing. It felt like they u locked something in the sound dynamics

This is characterless. No additional pops / over run sounds.

It does have big positives - feels massively stronger at the top end, and given the volume I think I’ll be able to go with the manifold as well.

You won't pass emissions with a Toyo manifold or the like, as you'll then be running no cats, so something to think about.

What have you fitted back box or the Evo mid pipe and back box. The Akra does have a little pop on a standard car low revs 2nd to third but most of all it's weight and performance over stock without needing mapped, a bit louder than stock a tighter more purposeful sound. For pops and bangs that's ignition and fueling so removing CATS will give some of that but MOT will be a problem and the manifold with integrated CAT is not a simple swap come MOT time and a new buyer might not be impressed with all the noise. If you have a 197 diffuser then the exhaust tips should not stick out further than the diffuser I'm looking into this at the moment the diffuser is according to Renaults PR kicks in at 80MPH which must change airflow up the back of the car because at 80MPH the sound of the exhaust changes which could be the reason everyone says there is drone with other exhausts this effect does not happen at the same revs at different speeds to I think it might be an airflow problem.

Got the evo system with the link pipe.

I could have been slightly premature - just been out in it again, and the subtle pops on over run are starting to appear and I was a lot happier with it.

I might come back to you on the ktec offer but for now I’ll see how it goes :wink:

• Haha
Reactions: RSRowe and suj
If you want the pops, theres always the Ktec crackle map.

Mine used to pop when it was properly hot, and I let the car engine brake from up high in the rev band. Now, it does it when its decently hot, but I now have the Toyo manifold and a retune remap.