Any Bikers Out There?

I know we have a few bikers on the forum so shows us your other pride and joy.
Here's mine. A 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 had for 4 years now and love it. More mods have been added since this picture was taken.

Akrapovic titanium end cans and Y pipe
Gilles adjustable rear sets and levers
HEL brake lines
Brembo pads SC front SP rear
GB Racing protection
Yamaha sliders and tail tidy
Power Commander 5
Pirelli Super Corsas
Suspension set up by ERS Racing
001.jpg

That's gorgeous. I seriously considered doing my bike test about 5 years ago, and the R1 and GSX-R are bikes I've always loved. Problem is, I do like a wee thrash now and again and I just know I'd end up on my arse sliding towards a ditch and some broken bones lol so for now i'll just stick to watching youtube vids of the TT.

That's gorgeous. I seriously considered doing my bike test about 5 years ago, and the R1 and GSX-R are bikes I've always loved. Problem is, I do like a wee thrash now and again and I just know I'd end up on my arse sliding towards a ditch and some broken bones lol so for now i'll just stick to watching youtube vids of the TT.
I've started doing track days at Knockhill a couple of years back, they have nights for novice riders which you can do up to 3 times so you learn the track and build your speed up and are less intimidating. I'm now up to intermediate and to be fair 90% of the bikes are track bikes coming out of the back of vans and sitting with tyres warmers on! The speed is a lot greater but I feel I'm learning more and improving my style. Nothing better than lifting the front wheel over the brow on the start/finish straight then crapping yourself for Duffus. Who need drugs!

The thing with Knockhill is a good rider on a 600 will be faster than an average rider on a 1000.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Certainly not a biker myself and doubt I'd be able to find the balls to get myself on one!

When it comes to bikes I just don't seem to have that buzz I do with cars and certainly can't go into detail any specs and understand how bikes compare against one another.

I have good friend Ben's been racing in the British Superbikes series and managed to nab his first win in Assen in the Superstock a couple seasons back, but had a pretty tough season just gone after moving up to the Supersport! Also mechanics at the TT which I'm jealous of! Still waiting for him to get me out there looks epic!

In terms of bike ownership my father owns a Yamaha FS1-E which he rebuilt (unfortunately can't find a picture anywhere!) and the other investment he made was a Yamaha RD200 a few years ago, managed to resurrect a photo off instagram!

16ac4fe4dfa2f07bd0220f004ad13b0d.jpge513078d9062477f426c7d0cac143e22.jpg9fb1ce6ffad7cafa0b556ad28d30734b.jpg

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Certainly not a biker myself and doubt I'd be able to find the balls to get myself on one!

When it comes to bikes I just don't seem to have that buzz I do with cars and certainly can't go into detail any specs and understand how bikes compare against one another.

I have good friend Ben's been racing in the British Superbikes series and managed to nab his first win in Assen in the Superstock a couple seasons back, but had a pretty tough season just gone after moving up to the Supersport! Also mechanics at the TT which I'm jealous of! Still waiting for him to get me out there looks epic!

In terms of bike ownership my father owns a Yamaha FS1-E which he rebuilt (unfortunately can't find a picture anywhere!) and the other investment he made was a Yamaha RD200 a few years ago, managed to resurrect a photo off instagram!

16ac4fe4dfa2f07bd0220f004ad13b0d.jpge513078d9062477f426c7d0cac143e22.jpg9fb1ce6ffad7cafa0b556ad28d30734b.jpg
To be honest mate the Supersport must be one of the hardest championships as there is so much talent on the grid.

To be honest mate the Supersport must be one of the hardest championships as there is so much talent on the grid.

When you look quali lap times, and its split seconds between the front of the grid and back it just shows how good these riders are, and all at a very similar standard!

Not sure what the plan is next year, unfortunately he lost his best mate at the North West 200, so I don't think road racing is what he want to go into. Such a cruel sport at times, but I guess that's the dangers of it.

When you look quali lap times, and its split seconds between the front of the grid and back it just shows how good these riders are, and all at a very similar standard!

Not sure what the plan is next year, unfortunately he lost his best mate at the North West 200, so I don't think road racing is what he want to go into. Such a cruel sport at times, but I guess that's the dangers of it.
These racers have phenomenal talent and I admire everyone of them. Road racing is a different game altogether, it can reach such highs but also some extreme lows.

Reactions: RossWoods93
Stunning bike!

Not something I'd ever get on but I do admire bikers. Enjoy watching royajordanian..

My dad has a bandit which he's not rode in about 5 years.

Im on a 250cc Vespa- But it is purely for commuting into the city.
if i had spare money then yes would love a ducati, or cafe racer or a bobber.
but i tell you what with the country lanes and the conditions of the roads and other crap drivers i do feel safer in the car on a country lane blast.

Reactions: wanger
I've been giving a lot of thought recently to going for my bike licence - I've had the itch for a long time, but always put it off. I imagine it's such a different and unique thrill in comparison to cars, I admire you guys that have bikes, the ones above look fantastic!

I'm hooked on Royal Jordanian on YT at the moment too, his bikes sound incredible!

I've been giving a lot of thought recently to going for my bike licence - I've had the itch for a long time, but always put it off. I imagine it's such a different and unique thrill in comparison to cars, I admire you guys that have bikes, the ones above look fantastic!

I'm hooked on Royal Jordanian on YT at the moment too, his bikes sound incredible!
Hospital wards are chock full of bikers Jimmy. Most of them not there for the first time either!
None of the accidents were their fault:wink:
Must be a great buzz but couldn't trust myself/other drivers enough to stay in one piece...

Reactions: Jimmy
Hospital wards are chock full of bikers Jimmy. Most of them not there for the first time either!
None of the accidents were their fault:wink:
Must be a great buzz but couldn't trust myself/other drivers enough to stay in one piece...

Definitely one of the cons that is on the list :smiley: I have a lot of faith in myself, and I'm used to giving everyone a wide berth when I'm in the Clio....but still...!

Planning on doing the DAS when i'm 24 as I don't think there's much point going for the A2 license when waiting an extra year will see me eligible for the DAS. Is it worth getting a 125 first or just something like an R3? A lot of people say the R3 is a good beginners bike but seems a bit too much for someone with little experience.

I agree Jimmy I've seen it first hand on the roads and been through it in road racing and BSB when your working on the bikes it's a guys life in your hands and on the public roads every time you go out without fail something happens from people pulling out, pulling out to overtake when your already overtaking them or crossing the white line on bends because they cut the corner or cant stay on their own side due to speed. The bike can go much further than you can and it's your ability to control yourself is more important than bike control. As for bikes I have a NC35 400cc but never get a change to use it and never felt the need for anything more. I did some test work for Honda/BMW tyre pressure monitors and had a Goldwing for a couple of years for free testing sensors racking up miles on the roads along with a GS1200. But when you have the chance to compete in the fastest road race in the world and consecutively had the fastest race bike in the world since Bruce Anstey 2010 (Avg 133.977MPH) and now Ian Hutchinson 2016 (Avg 134.08MPH) riding a bike can't give you that feeling, but it's not always like that.
14th-august-2016-ulster-grand-prix-team-tyco-bmw-motorrad-rider-ian-hutchinson-4-gb-bmw-s-2250px.jpg

Not sure about all the new licences now as its been a while since I done my test. My opinion is don't just pass a CBT and ride a 125 for 2 years as you get limited training with the CBT and you will pick up so many bad habits. Pass your DAS then buy a used 2 cylinder bike like a 650cc Suzuki SV for example to gain your road craft. These bikes are quick enough to keep you interested but not too fast to land you in trouble. After that it's your choice of what style - sports, tourer, naked etc. I went down the sports bike route so my next choice was a 600cc Suzuki GSXR these bikes have 4 cylinders and are high revving bloody fast bikes. After that it was onto a 180bhp 190kg litre bike which are insane licence losing bikes but what a buzz. Triumph do a great 675cc cylinder bike that fits right in between the fast and silly fast. Bikes are such a personal choice and you need to be at one with them so what fits me might not fit you if you know what I mean. There is so much involvent in riding a bike and when it all clicks there's nothing better.

Reactions: Jimmy and DS197

Similar Thread Suggestions