Any help on finding out the number of my sliverstone gp??

I have no plaque on mine, not sure if previous owner took it off before selling, not sure why tho. Any help would be much appreciated

I'm also in the same situation LA61 EXJ has Martin's Renault Basingstoke RG24 7NZ plates that's all I know about it.

i have the same issue..i am a dealer and got hold of this Silverstone GP edition a few days ago and unfortunaltey no number Plaque one of the previous owners even removed the Silverstone stickers on the side pillars.

Service history and the owners books etc all missing and to make the matter worse they left the car sitting for over a year the car had no MOT either.

left it with my regular service and MOT centre. Long list of stuff lights wipers not working. Emission level is terrible EML on.

The reg number GU61EZV ..

Contacted Renault UK immediately and they were very happy to hear about the car they will provide eveything missing asap. They recorded the current mileage on their data base to my surprise they were brilliant.

i will restore the car back to its original state hopefully saving it..It will be a couple of weeks and hopefully i will add some happy news.

Last edited:
So as I own a Limited Edition 1 of 500 R27's and 1 of 500 Clio Trophy's I have looked into the number plaques 100 times and spent countless hours on the phone and via e-mail to Renault UK with help from my dealership also.

Renault UK have confirmed 100% that no limited edition cars where listed and that the numbered plaques on the car are put on at random and that the chassis / reg or any other car details will NOT show what number the car is from renault and Renault UK / Renault France never kept any records of the number plaques of the limited edition cars.

What you need to remember is that the plaque / number of the car is put on at the factory in Dippee and then it travels to the UK where it is PDI'd at teh docs and this is where the chassis stickers, info stickers, reg plates and other things are added to the car.

I know this as I have managed to get info stickers to replace my faded ones as per pictures below.

Sticker 02.JPG

Sticker 005.JPG

What I do have access too and what I can do for anyone that has the chassis number or the correct number plate from new (Not a private plate) I can give them the full spec list from factory with all the options listed and all details of the car from teh genuine renault system.

If anyone is wanting this PM me and I will pass to over but I won't post it on an open forum.

** PRIVATE PLATES **

If you car has a private plate and when you walk into a dealership and give them the reg and it does not come up with details of your car on the genuine renault parts system this is due to the fact that the private plate is not on the renault system.
There is a way round this and its rather simple.

I myself have a "R" plate on my 197 and a "T" plate on my 182 and both these are on the renault system

You need to contact Renault UK and ask them to change the details on your car reg due to it being a on a private plate. They will change the plate to match the chassis number of the car so when you contact Renault / Renault UK or any dealerships your cars correct details come up on there system and parts system.

In my case the car actually arrived from a car finance company as a repossessed vehicle.

No log book No service history No books ..I had no choice but contacting Renault UK for any possible previous service records which will not be a complete one.

I successfully obtained service records for so many low mileage BMW Mini Mercedes Audi VW vehicles the results are usually very helpful.

Even if Renault can provide any service records upto half the mileage then for me it's a success.

Renault UK customer services since only 50 of these were built are pretty sure that each build number would have been registered against the Vin and Engine numbers.

Hopefully I should get a positive result tomorrow.

In my case the car actually arrived from a car finance company as a repossessed vehicle.

No log book No service history No books ..I had no choice but contacting Renault UK for any possible previous service records which will not be a complete one.

I successfully obtained service records for so many low mileage BMW Mini Mercedes Audi VW vehicles the results are usually very helpful.

Even if Renault can provide any service records upto half the mileage then for me it's a success.

Renault UK customer services since only 50 of these were built are pretty sure that each build number would have been registered against the Vin and Engine numbers.

Hopefully I should get a positive result tomorrow.

Service details, warranty work & recalls won't be an issue for Renault UK but trying to get there correct numbered plaque will be a nightmare.
I even have the OE Part number for the R27 plaque and renault will not supply or provide it and it is not matched to any chassis number or reg.

182 Trophy owners can find it very very hard to get the correct plaque number if the seats have been removed and some are near on impossible to get back unless there is a history of the car on forums, owners clubs / groups or social media.

I hate to say it but I have spent years dealing with Renault UK and coming from high up in the Vw/Audi parts side unless you get someone who knows what they are talking about and are clued up on the Renault Sport side of things you might be struggling, Many a time I have had people from Renault UK saying yes and yes and"We Can Do That" when they cant as they dont have a clue.

Last edited:
Renault UK are not any help and you are right.

The number unknown thanks to an idiot I should say probably kept it as a souvenir ( I used to have this car yippee).

Another idiot didnt bother to get it serviced by Renault UK..But somehow been well cared for.

it's in very very good condition with a new MOT .

72180 miles

Timing belt replaced..( Have the old one to prove)

Will be Renault main dealer fully health checked and serviced next week.

Excellent bodywork absolutely no accidents or incidents HPI CLEAR

IS FOR SALE AS OF NEXT WEEK..

No 21 sold Last week for £8000

THIS IS DEFINITELY 1 OF 50..RENAULT CONFIRMED.

In case someone asks it's in Silver

Renault UK are not any help and you are right.

The number unknown thanks to an idiot I should say probably kept it as a souvenir ( I used to have this car yippee).

Another idiot didnt bother to get it serviced by Renault UK..But somehow been well cared for.

it's in very very good condition with a new MOT .

72180 miles

Timing belt replaced..( Have the old one to prove)

Will be Renault main dealer fully health checked and serviced next week.

Excellent bodywork absolutely no accidents or incidents HPI CLEAR

IS FOR SALE AS OF NEXT WEEK..

No 21 sold Last week for £8000

THIS IS DEFINITELY 1 OF 50..RENAULT CONFIRMED.

In case someone asks it's in Silver

There is not very many car makers that actually put chassis number to limited edition number and then to reg plate and then keep a record of it.
All they do is build the car and slap a sticker on it.

If you ever get a R27 F1 take the 4 small screws off and take the plaque off and you will see the OE part number on a small price stamp at the back but yet this is not a production part and was only numbered for warranty reasons when the cars where new.

You can not buy the plaques and they only way you will get to find out the true identity of the car is to try and google the car on forums and social media and once you found the correct number you could try find a company to make the badge.

I'm sorry to be negative about this thread but the fact there were 71 cars made in D69 paint and 26 Cups that were not Silverstone's would it be fair to say that someone along the line says the car they are selling is a Silverstone unless there is the word Silverstone on the door frame sticker like the F1 Clio's and the LUX 197's.
I have found the previous owner of the EZV car in 2018 it did not have a badge then as they were looking one if you pay the membership fee to the forum I'll give you the info it's £5 a year I think thats a fair exchange to this forum and it's future.
1591972517838.png

Take a pen and paper there were 50 if you were a member you could try and contact the 26 registered ones on the forum then hunt the internet for photos and if not a personal plate cross them off and see what's missing get Silverstone badges made with no number, the records will be in Deppe factory but will tie to a VIN not a registration unless they were badged in the UK by Renault UK then I would be surprised the badges were put on the right way up as they are unable to make a steering rack correctly for 197 and it's been 4 months. Renault needs stronger links to forums and collectors for such things like seat fabric and manufacturers of parts Renault no longer supply.

It's a PITA to find out such information. We currently have a similar problem with a Sport Auto Edition that was sold without a badge. In this case even the number is known but there is no way to confirm it actually is this car via the Renault system because the badge numbers aren't registered. Infact the Renault system doesn't even states which edition it is and only says "Collectors Edition" or something along the line from what I saw myself. The new owner even found and contacted the dealer the car originally was sold at but even they have nothing helpful in their system or any documents left.

There is a small chance that somebody over at cliors-concept.com could help out. I know they've somebody over there with insider contacts who for example provided numbers for how many Ange & Démons got produced in which colour and to which countries they did go to respectively. Which are infos coming directly from Dieppe. If they've records somewhere it's in the factory because that's where they normally got badged. I say normally because there are some editions that were more of a local/national/dealer special thing and these may have been badged locally. Which could very well be the case for the Silverstone and Australian GP editions for example as they've no "Dieppe - France" writing on the badge like most of the other versions do. In this case only the local Renault representation could help.

I have had a busy 3 days just sat down Clio is now ready after a new high performance Cat just been fitted and a new MOT should be passed with some advisories ( steering inner rack, ball joints, CV gator,Slight exhaust leak) which all will be completely repaired next week.

Paying for the membership is no burden but a pleasure since I couldn't get the info I received in this forum from Renault UK

See below image to confirm this is a genuine 1 of the 50.

Being an experienced Trader from what i can see the car unfortunately went to a person who couldn't afford to maintain the vehicle in 2018 onwards MOT history is clearly giving me the indication since all previous years MOT history was perfect. Besides seems like the Car was not used for a Year til The Finance Company received it back in their possession which I obtained it from as a genuine Silverstone GP Edition.

The Finance company will not provide a finance for a lookalike. I am also adding a HPI check image to show this is a Genuine Car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-045418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-045418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
The records will be in Deppe factory but will tie to a VIN not a registration

Hate to say it but even France have no idea whats what as records of these cars where not kept.
I spent hours upon hours dealing with someone very high up in the Renault sport devision and yet he could get nothing from France or UK.

It seems from all the data and info I have managed to gather is that Renault just slap a sticker on it In NO Order with chassis/Vin run, away it goes with NO records held on any system to match number with chassis or chassis to number and bobs your uncle.

What you need to remember is Renault have thrown out all these limited cars willy nilly and there is a few they have done just for doing them as it seemed a selling tactic.

People can hunt the internet and do there homework or do what I done and waste hours/days/weeks dealing with Renault UK and France to get nowhere. If the number is gone the number is gone and RUK / FRANCE do not hold records - FACT