Anyone elses undertray a bit saggy?

Just noticed this... If you kneel down and look at the car from a bit of distance it's noticeable from underneath. Looks to be the lowest hanging thing on the car.

I've had my arm under and there seems to be about 2" of play between the undertray and sump, does this sound about right or is it meant to be touching?

It's all in one piece, not broken, how many bolts hold it in? anyone have a pic where they are?

Cheers for that link..

It's perfectly normal by the looks of things! Must just get a bit saggy with age, just like us women unfortunatley.

Mine is also looking a little saggy. It's all on correct though - it doesn't help that there is nothing securing it much towards the rear - Plenty of bolts and clips at the front and side.

That's where it looks to be sagging.. towards the back in the middle.

Might just do away with it completely. Save weight!

That's where it looks to be sagging.. towards the back in the middle.

Might just do away with it completely. Save weight!

i wouldnt....stop damage from item being thrown up from car in front etc

i might look to put a strengthening bar on it - mines due a service very soon!

i wouldnt....stop damage from item being thrown up from car in front etc

i might look to put a strengthening bar on it - mines due a service very soon!

Yeah they are annoying but I agree... they do offer some albeit limited protection.

It just needs something to hold up the rear part of it IMO. Had mine off the other day and ideally something fabricated to hold it on to the rear lower subframe/crossmember. Small hole drilled in it maybe and a clip/tie clip etc.

I've noticed my engine undertray has been saggy for the last few years, then today during an oil change and replacing the O/S link arms found that the groove on the undertray has been rubbing on the sump a lot!

sump.png

Last edited: