Are we going to do what we SAID

nutnutwelshman

Gold Member
RIGHT GUYS ITS BEEN A WHILE NOW we said we would donate to a CHARITY WTF happened.Iam pissed off let's get something arranged please a local children's would be up my street so let's sort it you bunch of tight arse's

If we get a few solid nominations.; we can then just put those to a vote and 'get on with it' as far as i can see Kev !

I donate to a few local charities but one I don't/haven't donated too, surprisingly, is children's cancer so that would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be my choice too for reference Eddie. Happy to go with whatever we collectively decide. But (not secretly) that would be my No1........

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
all above is fine with me..see kids everyday and know some could do with a few quid..also donate to dogs so thats fine too...
are we talking of a one time donation or a monthly thing??

Last edited:
all above is fine with me..see kids everyday and know some could do with a few quid..also donate to dogs so thats fine too...
are we talking of a one time donation or a monthly thing??

Neither really. A continuing type support....

The original linked post has some of my ideas:

Collections at meets.
Percentage of parts sales
One off payments
Group sponsorship
Special events
'Raffles'
Etc etc

NO ONE should feel under pressure at any time :smile:

I quite like the idea of the air ambulance, but it doesn't seem possible to split between them all. My reasoning is that cancer and children are close to everyone's hearts, and are likely more popular choices 'per capita' (though all deserve more than they currently get), but with this being a car forum, and the admission of 'spirited' driving, we are at risk (from ourselves and others) of serious accident. There are some pretty horrific things that happen out on the roads (such as the assault I witnessed the other month) and the air ambulance is just an incredible asset to help save lives when time is against you.

I think herein lies the issue with nominating a single charity - everyone has differing opinions about what their preference is/what they feel most inclined to give money to.

So far, it seems that the air ambulance and children's cancer are the two that are proving the most 'popular'. So how about we create a thread with a vote option for either of these two? The most-voted charity is the one we donate to over the course of a year, then after 12 months we do the same again - perhaps nominate two more, and go the same route?

We create the vote thread, leave it open for say a month to give everyone the chance to chip in.

I also think that Syer's suggestion of making donations through the various options he listed above is the best way to do this. if people wish to donate more/on a regular basis, that is their prerogative. The idea is, that whenever we have a meet/big event etc, there is the motivation to do it for a good cause too.

From the point of view of the collecting of the funds, we would also need to decide if donations are made by the individual directly to the charity, or whether we have a forum member be the 'treasurer' who would collect the money centrally, then pass over to the charity at the end of the 12 months.

C&C's please dudes!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think herein lies the issue with nominating a single charity - everyone has differing opinions about what their preference is/what they feel most inclined to give money to.

So far, it seems that the air ambulance and children's cancer are the two that are proving the most 'popular'. So how about we create a thread with a vote option for either of these two? The most-voted charity is the one we donate to over the course of a year, then after 12 months we do the same again - perhaps nominate two more, and go the same route?

We create the vote thread, leave it open for say a month to give everyone the chance to chip in.

I also think that Syer's suggestion of making donations through the various options he listed above is the best way to do this. if people wish to donate more/on a regular basis, that is their prerogative. The idea is, that whenever we have a meet/big event etc, there is the motivation to do it for a good cause too.

From the point of view of the collecting of the funds, we would also need to decide if donations are made by the individual directly to the charity, or whether we have a forum member be the 'treasurer' who would collect the money centrally, then pass over to the charity at the end of the 12 months.

C&C's please dudes!
I'll donate monthly iam happy with either one @Jimmy

Reactions: Jimmy
Thanks Kev. I think everyone will wish to contribute in different ways, so once we have one nominated, we can create a thread explaining the various options open to people - make it clear how it's all going to work.
That's fine and if they don't I'll send the boys round to say HI??????