Are we going to do what we SAID

Children's Hospice South West (or national version) would be good. As none of you know, I work for a medical centre and we have a couple of patients who regularly attend for a weekend as they have cancer.

They have a few places where these children and their families go for respite stay and it is run on donations.

Children's Hospice South West (or national version) would be good. As none of you know, I work for a medical centre and we have a couple of patients who regularly attend for a weekend as they have cancer.

They have a few places where these children and their families go for respite stay and it is run on donations.

Thanks, Greg. It is good to have specific charities in mind when it comes to creating the voting thread - that way people know what/who exactly they are voting for.

Voting between the Air ambulance and a Cancer Hospice sounds good to me @Jimmy

And I'd also like to propose we have a treasurer. Would be nice to see progress and might encourage people if we get updates of amounts collected at meets etc: AND get to see it on paper in front of us.

I'm quite excited for the collective difference we might make to someone's quality of life...

Reactions: R32pete
Voting between the Air ambulance and a Cancer Hospice sounds good to me @Jimmy

And I'd also like to propose we have a treasurer. Would be nice to see progress and might encourage people if we get updates of amounts collected at meets etc: AND get to see it on paper in front of us.

I'm quite excited for the collective difference we might make to someone's quality of life...
the question is who would like to take the role on??any volunteers??

OK, well if we are all happy with a vote for Cancer Hospice and Air Ambulance, I will create the thread and poll.

I think with a treasurer, everything is transparent - the monies are going to one specific place; it's easy to see how much has been collected over time; and it would be nice to make a presentation of the full amount to the charity at the end of year - perhaps even tie it in with some kind of meet??

As for choosing a treasurer... - this would involve a lot of responsibility, and therefore trust in that person.

Once decided, I'd suggest either creating a Paypal account (or similar?) where people can send the money??

I'd happily be treasurer. I am in a position of trust with what I am exposed to at work and I'm good at Excel :tongueout:
I'd also like a role with the forum seeing as I'm (clearly) a legend, yet no one makes me a mod :tearsofjoy:

@Micah ; you are active here, always on the ball. clearly one of lifes good guys, you chip in and help when you can and always offer a kind word when another member is going through some car 'trials and tribulations'.

The thing that impresses me most about you Micah though; is your unwavering modesty :smile:

***I'll second Micah as Treasurer.

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
@Micah ; you are active here, always on the ball. clearly one of lifes good guys, you chip in and help when you can and always offer a kind word when another member is going through some car 'trials and tribulations'.
im not so sure about this though..i feel like every post Mr.Micah creates,im presented as a ladies man alias Casanova,where in fact im a single man with no one to play Doctors with :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

anyway,on a more serious note,think you wold make a great Treasurer Micah..your sense of humor and never ending passion to make people smile while they are down is admirable..:thumb:

All these endorsements, I might have a run at the next presidential election. But very kind words guys, thank you.
@Pav - truth hurts [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pav