Astra VXR

Nice numbers for a Vauxhall. Hope you're keeping the Renault as well!

I think the stance on these is brilliant, really nice cars! Power sounds tasty too! As above, are you still keeping the Clio??

Absolutely love those Astra VXRs, so much sleeker than the last model without losing any of the aggressiveness. But we really need more pics :smile:

I will take some pictures this weekend, as for keeping the Clio yes I will be keeping her, over the last few years I have had several cars including Z4, 350z, BMW 650 and I can say they were fantastic cars but not really good "driving" cars, OK the Clio is not mega quick but you do get a good sense of the car and what it is doing, you can throw it into the corners and you know you are going to come out unscathed, however some drives that we do tend to have some long straight(ish) roads and the Clio can droan a bit so now and again I would prefer to have a good hot hatch that will also take in the long roads at ease, I did test drive the new Focus ST but was not impressed, in fact the 2008 model I had a couple of years ago was a far better vehicle, took a couple of VXR,s out and was really impressed...

Reactions: ///M and Jimmy
How does the Astra compare to the Clio in the twisties? Does the LSD eliminate torque steer?

In VXR mode the suspension is very solid, corners better than the Clio but my Clio is on standard not Cup springs, there is a bit of torque steer in 2nd gear but manageable. Scary speeds when you put the boot down...

Reactions: DS197
Looks superb. So much nice than the early VXR versions.....

Look forward to some long-term thoughts

IMG_1921.JPG One thing that has "caught me out" is the price of the front brake set up, for replacement discs and pads from main dealer you are looking about £2000
Eurocarpart list the discs at £569 each, pads are approx £166 so not cheap...

Snap, lol, bought mine last year new, sum total of 1700 miles since I got it!

Looks hard as cement! Lol

IMG_0908_zpsfw79fpms.jpg[/URL]

Similar Thread Suggestions