beyond obsesive!

Avoid Halfrauds and look in your local motor factors. Mine stocks Auto Finesse and 3M stuff. Also don't knock AutoGlym because they are main stream. They still do great products, one of which Super Resin Polish would be a good port of call for yourself. Just remember that less really is more with SRP.

Swissvax stuff is great but very very expensive. Though I do own a plot of Shield and Best of Show.

I'd get some super resin polish from halfords, if you don't mind waiting and ordering on net then some auto finesse tripple!

Wash twice a week if iam around wax every two

Why do you wax every 2 weeks? What wax are you using? Should last longer than 2 weeks.

Done mine over the weekend, been the first wash since it was painted 2 weeks ago:

Wheels off clean (Bilberry)
Serviced the brakes
Painted hubs
Arches cleaned (G101) and sealed (fkp1000)
AF snowfoam
Wash
IronX
Tardis
Clayed
Snow foam again
Wash
Dried
Polished DA(AF revitalised 1,2 and 3) various pads
Sealed (Prima Amigo 3m blue pad)
Zaino Z1 (2 coats so far)
Trim dressed (AF Revive)
Tyres dresses (Megs)
Interior (AF Spritz)
Hoover

I tend to do this every 4 months. I'm still learning and that is by no means perfect but it is something I enjoy so don't class it as obsessive compulsive ( a little sad according to people at work, but they still ask me to clean theirs)

OP I would avoid T-Cut. My wife has a black VW Up! and I tend to clean that aswell. I would suggest Prima Amigo for a sealant (Works so well on black paint and will fill some of the swirls) and just try to improve your cleaning technique to attempt to reduced the chance of causing damage, two bucket wash, snowfoam, pat dry with a decent mf towel. It can be done without spending big bucks.

Last edited:
What about ultra deep shine from autoglym? Supposed to be for dark cars.

I have a trick up my sleeve to avoid unnecessary toweling on mine. :wink:

Hose off
Shampoo with maintained micro mit(meg gold class)
Careful rinse off with PURE WINDOW CLEANING WATER.

Then leave to dry back for a few minutes then wipe off the excess with a clean fluffy microfiber cloth.

Hardly ever have to polish and wax nowadays if I'm honest, but as already mentioned through this thread.

OCD!

I have the same OCD!
The woman hates it. Been trying to get the car ready for FCS, then she smacks the door against a brick wall!!!! :@
so all my hard work has come to none really.
Will clean it down before FCS but gutted about the dent! :worried:

Just my 2 peneth, a wax is a sacrificial layer, the muck sticks to it, is embedded in it, protects the paint from the sun etc etc. The job of a good quality wax is to protect the paint and to feed the paint with refreshing oils. Once the wax stops beading, it is time to strip it off and reapply with fresh.

In today's modern ways, it is in my opinion, best to get your paint work in a good condition, decontaminate, remove the scratches, prewax/cleaner then numerous light layers of a good quality wax.

Once you have the marks out of your paint work it is about keeping them out, and this is more about the products and the equipment you use to wash and dry your car, 99% of marks are put in the paintwork by washing and drying the car.

I personally don't think you have even touched on OCD, you have a lot further to go.

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Is where OCD will start.

Detailing world just makes you want every single product in detailing lol, I'm a auto finesse fan boy and possess everything of theirs apart from wax as I use tough coat (which is an excellent product!).

I'd personally avoid using any T-cut, I'm the same with being obsessive about the cleaning. I'm quite a fan of Wax-Tec gear at the minute and dodo juice orange crush for my red paint :cloud9:

If you find your new polish is a not abrasive enough for deeper scratches try a ph neutral compound like farclour g3 good for round the handles wing love marks etc

Maybe most important is good paintwork prepping & sealing / waxing.
Including full machine polishing if you want to good looking and wax ready paintwork.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Abdulla Ali Al Ali Clio 200 Area 3