Big Bens non Clio

250 turbo is well worth it Ben, doesn't necessarily have to mean more power or torque but it helps hold boost and torque further up the rev range and makes it drive like a big n/a engine.

Reactions: Big Ben
250 turbo is well worth it Ben, doesn't necessarily have to mean more power or torque but it helps hold boost and torque further up the rev range and makes it drive like a big n/a engine.
I’ve had a brief conversation with ED about it already Sean but I’m leaking money like a seive at the minute mate. He was talking hybrid turbo but no reason I can’t use a 250 I suppose?

I know it hurts but if you had a dyno printout to look at I’d be grateful

Reactions: Sean197
Not much happening this week. Managed a blast this afternoon with the roads being dryish.
Exhaust note is settling in nicely. Fitment is excellent. No rattles or vibration. Also the tips are not polished chrome which I think gives it a race look that I like. Plus they stick out a fraction further which is no bad thing.

Every time I’ve driven on our crappy roads lately it makes me think that my suspension setup is too hard. Granted it’ll be great on track but for how often that is I might look for a compromise if funds permit. Probably B14’s as they’re tried and tested.
Will see how the year pans out....

DFF6772F-93B8-4A81-8781-B8977514A714.jpeg

Everyone seems to concur with that mate. £1000 supplied and fitted I’m guessing which is a big lump of money so I’ll have to wait and see

My thoughts are exactly the same mate...how does exhaust loudness/note compare to pre-Meg?

My thoughts are exactly the same mate...how does exhaust loudness/note compare to pre-Meg?
With the 3” system the note is nice. Deep sounding. Purposeful. No drone at any speeds. It’s just not bloody LOUD enough!!
NA Induction kit and scorpion exhaust was race car heaven and will never be matched unfortunately.
That’s turbos for you....

With the 3” system the note is nice. Deep sounding. Purposeful. No drone at any speeds. It’s just not bloody LOUD enough!!
NA Induction kit and scorpion exhaust was race car heaven and will never be matched unfortunately.

That's the thing I really will miss if I take the plunge...although I'm sure you'll be showing me the benefits coming up the top out of Eau Rouge....

amen :drunk:

That's the thing I really will miss if I take the plunge...although I'm sure you'll be showing me the benefits coming up the top out of Eau Rouge....
Looking forward to taking you out in it at Spa to see what you think. When it’s your own car you tend to get used to it and be slightly over critical.
Be nice to have an outside perspective

Reactions: Benno
Too right, I'm really excited now for this trip, child at Christmas type thing! With all the bits and pieces turning up, it's starting to get real...just got to get the cage ordered and seats sorted and I'll be nearly there..

Looking forward to taking you out in it at Spa to see what you think. When it’s your own car you tend to get used to it and be slightly over critical.
Be nice to have an outside perspective
I know what you mean about turbos being quieter but how the hell did mine blow the noise limit at bedford? Will be running decat at spa..

Everyone seems to concur with that mate. £1000 supplied and fitted I’m guessing which is a big lump of money so I’ll have to wait and see

My old B14s will be ready for sale next week, just need to separate the fronts from the hubs and clean them up if you're interested.

Reactions: ///M and Pav