Billy Monger - JustGiving

Jimmy

Good cop
Some of you may have seen in the news the story about Billy Monger, a 17 year old Formula 4 driver who has had to have both legs amputated following a crash at Donington at the weekend - here.

His team, JHR Developments, have set up a JustGiving page for donations to help the lad with his recovery - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23

*** I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with Billy or the raceteam, however it was just something that really got my attention and I wanted to share the link with the forum. We might not all be motorsport fans, however we all love our cars and driving and all the privileges that come with it, so it was a cause that I wanted to contribute to, and also thought was worthy of our attention.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Gordini and Beany
Some of you may have seen in the news the story about Billy Monger, a 17 year old Formula 4 driver who has had to have both legs amputated following a crash at Donington at the weekend - here.

His team, JHR Developments, have set up a JustGiving page for donations to help the lad with his recovery - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23

*** I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with Billy or the raceteam, however it was just something that really got my attention and I wanted to share the link with the forum. We might not all be motorsport fans, however we all love our cars and driving and all the privileges that come with it, so it was a cause that I wanted to contribute to, and also thought was worthy of our attention.

Thanks for reading.
It's very hard on such a young life I've given but also remember our Military Guys and Girls that have lost limbs too

Incredible that they've smashed their target and no doubt some big donations from the international motorsport community. When I saw the crash on Sunday I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. How he came away with 'just' that I don't know.
I do agree with Kev though, as horrible and truly unfortunate as it is, I can't help but wish others could receive such charity. It's just the audience and community I suppose.
Please don't think I'm being insensitive in any way, I really feel for the lad to not just lose his ultimate dream at such a young age, but a basic ability we all too easily take for granted to function as a human being.

Reactions: Jimmy