Bilstein b14 bouncy

Fitted a brand new set of Bilstein B14s last week and have done around 300 miles with them so far. The problem is I'm finding the car extremely bouncy and the car never really settles down. I've run coilovers (Tein, BC racing and HSD) on my previous cars so know the difference between them feeling harsh.

They didn't come with any setup instructions so I've set them to 335mm front and 345mm rear from hub centre to wheel arch. I transferred the rear boot/bump stop and top mount from the rear shocks and put new top mounts on the front along with the gaitors that were supplied.

The best what I can describe it is that it feels really under damped which from the reviews makes me feel something isn't correct? I can't feel whether it's the front or rear as the car is so unsettled.

Any ideas please before I fire an email off to bilstein?

Not sure if @///M knows what his were set to, although slightly different to the B14 and Jade Developments set them all up for him and Mrs M when they were fitted.

If it's bouncy then it's too low, mine were low but that's only because I'm a style whore and didn't mind sacrificing a little bit of ride comfort for looks. I did try them raised slightly and it was far better. Try raising them 10mm front and rear and see if it makes a difference. @Pav - what are yours like?

Reactions: Pav
i find mine quite comfortable and the dampening is good, far less cashier than the standard cup shocks and eibach set up i had, don't know how i lived with that for so long,

as said raise them up slightly

Not sure if @///M knows what his were set to, although slightly different to the B14 and Jade Developments set them all up for him and Mrs M when they were fitted.

I have to say ours have very very little B14 left in them so it wouldn’t be something I could comment on.

I know I’m incredibly happy with what we have and haven’t heard much said bad about the regular B14 other than that they can be a little too soft.

If you’ve had plenty of experience and they’re not feeling right though maybe something isn’t quite right.

Same here..not bouncy at all but the truth to be told,I have my quite raised...too many speed bumps in Manchester to justify it being too low

Just to update this thread, raised the car to around 350mm and 360mm rear which seems to have improved things greatly. Not much more adjustment to raise the rear however.

Reactions: ///M and Pav
Spot on, cheers mate. Sitting really nice! Car looks stunning too.