Bilstein B14s off a Late 200 on a 197?

I thought the mount was different, does that mean that the "top hat" that the spring sits on is different?

The two different kits have a different spring winding at the top to work with the different style top mount. They spring it's self is a different diameter. I know this as I've just finished working on a brand new fully adjustable top mount for the last Clio 200's.

Thanks, hope that's helpful.

Reactions: Pav and suj
Yes that is, thanks for you and Pav, it's a shame as they looked mint and were cheap, but off a Late 200 :worried:

Dammit, wasn't even after coilovers yet, but at the price it was worth it.

Reactions: Mossy
No worries. The change over it a bit annoying and totally pointless in my opinion, if anything a step backwards!

Reactions: suj
Just out of interest as this comes up often,

Did Renault change the design of the turrets on the shell or
Is it just the strut top mounts, springs etc.

Everyone mentions the top mounts are different but I never
Heard anyone say the turrets/shell is different.

Just out of interest as this comes up often,

Did Renault change the design of the turrets on the shell or
Is it just the strut top mounts, springs etc.

Everyone mentions the top mounts are different but I never
Heard anyone say the turrets/shell is different.

Yep i'm pretty sure the turrets (where the suspension top mount bolt to the chassis) is different.
As it is smaller then there is a smaller top hat (top spring locating hat) and then it needed smaller springs and spring platform.

I was hoping I could use the top mounts off my 197 and everything else will be hunky dory.
But seems this is not the case :worried:

Yes that is, thanks for you and Pav, it's a shame as they looked mint and were cheap, but off a Late 200 :worried:

Dammit, wasn't even after coilovers yet, but at the price it was worth it.

Where have you seen these for sale?

Sadly not. The top mount spacing on both cars is physically different, different PCD bolts on the top mounts.

Sorry I meant as in:

* If I bought a RS200 B14 kit
* used a RS200 spring locator (top hat)
* RS197 top mount

That would work surely? As the bottom mount is the same on RS197 and RS200, it's only the way the top mounts to each one (and the fact the spring is smaller / thinner, so needs a smaller diameter spring locator top hat).

Sorry just thinking out loud.