Black

Guys/Gals,

Wondering if ya'll could list me the best products for the black 197 to get it gleaming :biggrin: also where i could get them all from 8)

Need to start from the beginning - buckets, wash mitts etc!

All I have at the mo is a sponge :thumb1:

Cheers

Guys/Gals,

Wondering if ya'll could list me the best products for the black 197 to get it gleaming :biggrin: also where i could get them all from 8)

Need to start from the beginning - buckets, wash mitts etc!

All I have at the mo is a sponge :thumb1:

Cheers

Bin the sponge

You need a lamb wool mit to start with.

and then? :blink:

What condition is the car in?

Loads of swirl marks etc?

Because I don’t have the balls to use a machine polisher and don’t have a huge budget to spend on cleaning product this is what I do. (Every 4-6 weeks)

1. Snow foam
2. rinse
3. clay
4. rinse
5. wash with fairy liquid to remove all old waxes
6. Gold class wash
7. Meg’s Wheels cleaner
8. Meg’s stg 1, 2, 3
9. Poorboys wax
10. Wax wheels (take them off makes it a lot easier)

Use pad’s to apply the polishes etc, for removing polishes / waxes use a micro fibre I also use a micro fibre for drying.

My weekly wash to keep it looking nice:

1. snow foam
2. rinse
3. Megs wheel cleaner
4. Wash with Gold class
5. dry with micro fibre
6. apply a wax
7. wax wheels

I'm not detailer but i always have a nice finish on my cars and it doesn't cost me a lot to do.

Lamb wool mint and two buckets are needed.

One bucket for soap the other fresh water to rinse the mit off in.

Hope this help's 8)

Last edited:
What condition is the car in?

Loads of swirl marks etc?

Because I don’t have the balls to use a machine polisher and don’t have a huge budget to spend on cleaning product this is what I do. (Every 4-6 weeks)

1. Snow foam
2. rinse
3. clay
4. rinse
5. wash with fairy liquid to remove all old waxes
6. Gold class wash
7. Meg’s Wheels cleaner
8. Meg’s stg 1, 2, 3
9. Poorboys wax
10. Wax wheels (take them off makes it a lot easier)

Use pad’s to apply the polishes etc, for removing polishes / waxes use a micro fibre I also use a micro fibre for drying.

My weekly wash to keep it looking nice:

1. snow foam
2. rinse
3. Megs wheel cleaner
4. Wash with Gold class
5. dry with micro fibre
6. apply a wax
7. wax wheels

I'm not detailer but i always have a nice finish on my cars and it doesn't cost me a lot to do.

Lamb wool mint and two buckets are needed.

One bucket for soap the other fresh water to rinse the mit off in.

Hope this help's 8)

Cheers for that fella! Great help!

Car is in very gd condition, jus wanna keep on top of it so first thing am gonna do is really treat it well then keep it up!

Ive got a Black 197, I know how hard it is to keep it clean and free from swirl marks! I manage to get mine looking pretty damn good from using these 2 products...

I use a good filler on mine called Poor boys Black hole, kinda hides the swirls by filling them rather than remove them, find its really easy to use and good results!
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-black-hole/prod_494.html

followed by a finnish with finnish kare k1000p. Really good sealent and high high gloss!! Really cant rate this stuff enough
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html

Heres an example after a 65 mile drive down the m6/m42/m40, cleaned the day before and Still shiney :smile:

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Good Luck :smile:

Last edited: