Bloody trafic van!!!!!!

well I bought a new shape trafic in 2014, like every Renault I've owned I love it. Great van, even tho I was worried about the 1.6 engine it's proved just as good as my 07 2.0 dci trafic.
BUT.... like every bloody Renault it's doing my brain in.
In its first six months on pulling out of lay-bys twice on right hand lock the power steering failed only to restart in a second or so.
Then it did it again exactly a year ago.
Renault nothing wrong, no fault codes nothing. So today my fone rings on way home so yes you've guessed it I pull into a lay by, I turn it off and twenty mins later I fire it up, move forward enough to be level with road so I can see in mirror. I start to pull out and assistance goes completely and end up across two lanes of road at which point it decides to work again! So back in dealer Monday while I'm away in Prague I'm hoping it gets sorted.
Fully expect no fault found tho. Rang Renault uk straight away and told them I consider it dangerous, not sure where I stand tho two years and 32000 miles down the road.

well I bought a new shape trafic in 2014, like every Renault I've owned I love it. Great van, even tho I was worried about the 1.6 engine it's proved just as good as my 07 2.0 dci trafic.
BUT.... like every bloody Renault it's doing my brain in.
In its first six months on pulling out of lay-bys twice on right hand lock the power steering failed only to restart in a second or so.
Then it did it again exactly a year ago.
Renault nothing wrong, no fault codes nothing. So today my fone rings on way home so yes you've guessed it I pull into a lay by, I turn it off and twenty mins later I fire it up, move forward enough to be level with road so I can see in mirror. I start to pull out and assistance goes completely and end up across two lanes of road at which point it decides to work again! So back in dealer Monday while I'm away in Prague I'm hoping it gets sorted.
Fully expect no fault found tho. Rang Renault uk straight away and told them I consider it dangerous, not sure where I stand tho two years and 32000 miles down the road.
We have Mercedes Actros at work at 95K a pop they are pants problem after problem

Bloody hell that sounds horrible! You should really kick off with Renault and tell them it's lucky there wasn't an accident when that happened... there's obviously a fault here and they need to fix it!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I'd be seriously considering a dash cam or some sort of cam that films you and what your doing also so you can show them.

To be honest I'd be constantly harassing them until it's properly looked into...

I'd be seriously considering a dash cam or some sort of cam that films you and what your doing also so you can show them.
Last times it happened they said if you hold it on full lock then pas will cut out so must of been me. but yesterday def wasn't the issue

To be honest I'd be constantly harassing them until it's properly looked into...

Last few times they said no fault found, but what do you do when they say that's it's ready to pick up? Can I refuse? All they have to do is take the hire van back and I'm stuffed.

The hire van is there to use whilst yours is being mended and if they say no fault found just refuse to give them the keys back. Sometimes you have to play at there game, you don't want to have to sort it out of warranty down the line or even worse have a crash.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
The hire van is there to use whilst yours is being mended and if they say no fault found just refuse to give them the keys back. Sometimes you have to play at there game, you don't want to have to sort it out of warranty down the line or even worse have a crash.
It's hire van tho not one of they're s

Similar Thread Suggestions