braided brake hoses

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
what are the pros/cons compared to oe ones?
and which brand/type is the most recommended for the 197/200?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
cheers[emoji481] [emoji481]

Reactions: Steve wright
the current hose has a metal end which can get stuck , only if they needs to be replaces is it worth upgrading...unless of course you spend many hours on track.

And of course if you're a style-whore you can get the HEL lines in the same colour as you're Clio :wink:

Reactions: Big Ben
i rather the black ones that looks like the oe ones.
so in the annual inspect test they wont notice there is something that is not "approved" .
(dunno if its ok in the uk)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do people really worry about stuff like that...?

Lets not start this again- some believe with a remap and a black diamond badge the HEL brake hose adds 15HP.

PS i was with chris at Beanie sport yesterday - we discussed why you should not use too harsh brake pads. HA HA HA

Lets not start this again- some believe with a remap and a black diamond badge the HEL brake hose adds 15HP.

PS i was with chris at Beanie sport yesterday - we discussed why you should not use too harsh brake pads. HA HA HA

Never read anyone saying that, ever.

I got mine from Kam Racing and they offered them in a range of colours so I got them the same colour as my Clio.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...hel-performance-braided-brake-lines-1-9d.html
I got mine in purple just coz it was a wild colour! However my local Renault dealer fitted them when car was in for a service & routed the front ones badly so they rubbed & would've failed MOT. Had to get original Renault ones put on for a quick fix for this, but still have my funky purple rear lines.

I think he’s going soft... trying to talk me into not getting ds1.11!!

He showed me why.....he has a white clio and the heat from his aggressive pads have turned his white alloys yellow and ruined a bit of his paint work....unless it's a dedicated track car he said ds2500 is plenty good enough.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Ben
He showed me why.....he has a white clio and the heat from his aggressive pads have turned his white alloys yellow and ruined a bit of his paint work....unless it's a dedicated track car he said ds2500 is plenty good enough.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Fair point. I just like to have the best I can afford and with a few more trackdays on the horizon might benefit from more stopping power over looks.
Cheers for the brake lines @Sean197
Oh look... Blue ones:wink: 0326E64A-E1D7-481B-BBE7-DE99BB1CD44C.jpeg

aiight thx folks
ive searched around the forum and it seems like hel get most of the votes.
quite expensive but looks it worth it -hel it is then