Braided Lines

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
I wonder if anyone has pictures of them fitted on the front of their car?

Just looking to compare what yours look like fitted to my old ones and the new ones I just got that seem to be designed quite differently.

Ta

p.s. I've seen the how to by adam1942 and his are the same as mine.

what braided lines have you got? are they just a new design type then?

That's the thing, both kits came from HEL.

The ones fitted have a pipe clamp (see below for what i mean) to replace the OEM assembly that bolts to the hub and a single rubber bush to fit inside the pipe clamp.

pipeclamps.jpg

This new set has no clamp but does have two rubber bushes that look like they're designed to fit inside the OEM assembly after removing the original line from it.

IMO the older ones are dangerous so I wondered if anyone other than me and adam had them fitted!

ohh im with you!
ok:
i had k-tec lines on my RB before it was smashed into,and they were made by HEL too
the two rubber bits go inside the original mount i just prised it open with a screwdriver then lined up the hose to were i wanted it and clamped the original mount back onto it
just check it doest hit against the inner wall of the wheel,

had new tyres fitted and they moved it slightyly so was wacking against the tyre took me a few days to figure out what the noise was lol

I have had 2 sets off hel lines due to the first ones rubbing on the wheel on full lock, the first lines did not have a rubber bush on and clamped in the original clamp still moved slightly, the new ones as you say have two rubber bushes and clamp in the original clamp but tighter due to the bush, i suppose the other is there if you would like to add another clamp? i havent utilised it.

Here is a pic of my Hel lines, fitted them around 6 months ago and as you can see I got the replacement clips like in your picture.

picture.php

Thanks guys.

So it seems HEL either do two types or have revised their design, the new ones look like Raptors, the old ones I have are like Fernandez's.

The older style in Fernandez's picture need very careful fitting, it's very easy to fit them in a way they interfere with the inside of the rim.

I'd recommend anyone try to get some that look like and fit like Raptors, if they don't then return them. While they can be fitted successfully, mine are now ok having moved them around they just seem like a poor design.

I've tried to keep the OEM clips with my Goodridge brake lines:

02122009186.jpg

Raptor do you have any closer pictures? or let me know how you got the old lines out of the steel frame. I just tried and I can't get anywhere close to getting the old ones out.

Thanks

I fitted Hel lines to ours, kept all the original fittings

PICT1284.jpg

I used a screw driver to open the clip up then just got a set of pliers to close them up, bit of brute force tbh

Just ordered a set from the autosport show today.

£50 for a 4 line kit :thumbup: