Budget Tyre

Just had a budget tyre put on my car! :tongueout:anic:

Went up to my uncles house, watching the first half of the football (boring) lol went to head home and found i had a nail in my back tyre :thumbdown: So thought kwik fit for a punture repair all good.. :nope: when the tyre came off they found another nail...and the tyre was cracking aswell, so i said alright just fire a conti sport on it, guess what? none...

So i then asked if he could just fix the tyre then anyways turns out they wont touch it incase the tyre blows and they will be held responsible.

As im working tonight and probs travelling about 100 miles i needed a tyre.

So! i now have a budget tyre on the back end of my car....:poke: dunno why i put that wee smile in just looked good...haha

get it changed out asap cus budgets arnt worth the rubber theyr made from. may aswell be driving a 3 wheeler

I had a similar experience lol, but luckily they had an RE050 which i now have as a spare.

Dont worry though you can still drive, just dont go thrapsing round the backroads until you have good rubber all round.

Dont worry though you can still drive, just dont go thrapsing round the backroads until you have good rubber all round.

Thats gonna be hard man, im going to Ayr, then taking the backroads to Castle Douglas tonight :thumbdown:

If you see a story in the paper tomorrow of a 197 in a field down that way you will know i just couldnt resist... :tongueout:roud:

Its cool guys im fine :smile: the back road heading down to Castle Douglas was cracking, would love to see it in the daylight tho so i can push the car, and the tyre seemed to hold pretty well although i didnt want to do anything silly :innocent:

Mine had a budget ''Sunny Ditchfinder'' on the left rear when I picked it up on Weds, still had about 6-7mm of tread left. You should have seen the look on Kwik-Fit Mobiles face when he turned up, had a wander around the car and couldn't figure out which tyre I had a problem ;

''Where's the ****ed one?''

''That one...''

''It's brand new!?!''

''It's ****!!!''

''Fair play, I wouldn't want it on that either.''

:smiley:

Last edited:
Budget tyre = Bad

good mid ranges can be equaly as good as the hig end. Ive probably started a debate saying that!