Can I use 225/45/R17 tyres

Ah that's kinda what I was sorta thinking along, eventually, being further out the circumference of the wheel turning is greater. Thanks for clearing it up too

Reactions: MrIII
Ordered 2 225 track tyre's for the front of the Clio. Will be interesting to see how they get on clearance wise due to the fact the car is lowered a fair bit for track use. Hopefully the additional 3 degrees of camber I'm running will move the top of the tyre far enough across away the top of the arch and bumper when turning.

Reactions: Timbo and Big Ben
Just for the front? A la RS3...will be interested to hear how this goes, as I'm currently running 225 track tyres F&R. Thought it might unbalance braking to go reverse staggered.

Just for the front? A la RS3...will be interested to hear how this goes, as I'm currently running 225 track tyres F&R. Thought it might unbalance braking to go reverse staggered.

i've seen it done on track focused megane RS'es. 255 at the front and 235 at the back.

Reactions: Timbo
Will keep you posted. More worried about clearance issues but will find out when they're fitted.
Recon I've got one more track day left in the current tyre's I'm running then I'll have them on for anglsey on the 29th may.

Reactions: Timbo
Be careful doing this if you're running non-standard suspension and tyres with aggressive sidewalls. AD08R, R888R etc

I stuck with 215 section on mine, having previously had rubbing issues under hard load on the front bumper. As others have said, having 225 sections is all well and good, but if the car isn't working the extra tyre hard, it's pointless.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Be careful doing this if you're running non-standard suspension and tyres with aggressive sidewalls. AD08R, R888R etc

I stuck with 215 section on mine, having previously had rubbing issues under hard load on the front bumper. As others have said, having 225 sections is all well and good, but if the car isn't working the extra tyre hard, it's pointless.

When you say "hard load"......your referring to corning or braking i presume. Or infact both ?

Understand the point about keeping the extra rubber hot / sticky. But i shall be 'risking' the wider rubber for a bit of visuals alone next time around i think.

yup. 225's on 7.5 or 8 inch wide wheels look massively better than 215's.

Agreed Peter 200%.

Pavs WAS a lot lower than it is now when I last saw it.

But with 225's on - from the rear the visual difference was massive imo and looked very good...

Reactions: peter
Ive done snetterton on 225/45/17 and never had an issue with rubbing. That was on silverstone wheels with a ET53 offset so effectively a 15mm spacer over standard

The only issue I noticed with the 225/45 tyres was he sidewall is thicker (as its 45% of the width). Make my wheels look like they have monster truck tyres compared to the 215s I replaced. Maybe that's just a trait of the Conti Sport 5s. Will be getting 225/40s next time.

The only issue I noticed with the 225/45 tyres was he sidewall is thicker (as its 45% of the width). Make my wheels look like they have monster truck tyres compared to the 215s I replaced. Maybe that's just a trait of the Conti Sport 5s. Will be getting 225/40s next time.
The 225 40 size is like hens teeth.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good info !

I only have 5mm spacers front and 10mm stub-axle spacers rear though. So your +30mm and +20mm up on me respectively as we stand offset wise [Your on 20mm spacers all-around yes ?]

Yup, exactly. I just didn't want to take the risk. With a higher offset I wouldn't think that you'd have the issue

I run 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE070 on speedlines, they don't rub. Eibach springs, stock offsets.

Question will be if they will rub on laguna wheels with Et50 offset...I've just bought a set.