Car Cleaning Products

fezza555

Paid Member
Ok so I have always been a car cleaning addict. Recently purchased quite a few products, just wanted to see what everybody else is using. And if there is anything that I should add to my collection. Cheers

35031265933_f19f16dd49_b.jpg
Car Cleaning Collection

Auto finesse stuff; Tripple, Revive for external trim, Glisten quick detailer.
Menzerna cutting compound and finishing compound for use with the DA.
Collinite 845 wax.
Meguiars tyre gel.
Poorboys wheel sealant.
Angelwax H2go for the glass.
Iron X
Bilt Hamber snow foam.
Usually Autoglym shampoo and conditioner.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Nice little collection going there buddy :smile:

My preferred right now:

Bilthamer Autofoam snow foam.
Dodo juice or Megs Gold class shampoo.
Poorboy's black hole on gloss black bits. Autoglym SRP on paint.
Collinite base protection.
Fusso wax.
Bouncers done and dusted quick detailer.
Anglewax H2GO on glass.
Bilberry wheel cleaner.
Autobright wheel sealant.
Auto Finesse revive on exterior black trim.
Autoglym instant tyre dressing.
Armourall semi matte for interior plastics.
Pears soap to clean leather.
Henry Turbo for carpets :smile:

Auto finesse stuff; Tripple, Revive for external trim, Glisten quick detailer.
Menzerna cutting compound and finishing compound for use with the DA.
Collinite 845 wax.
Meguiars tyre gel.
Poorboys wheel sealant.
Angelwax H2go for the glass.
Iron X
Bilt Hamber snow foam.
Usually Autoglym shampoo and conditioner.

How often do you machine polish Sean ? Which compound do you usually start with presuming you only need to get rid of normal washing swirls etc and are not correcting as such.....?

My kit. Probably i forgot half of my stuff.

Polishing machines
Flex PE 14-250 Rotary polisher (4" & 5" backing plates)
Rupes LHR 15 Mark 2 orbital polisher

Pressure washer
Kränzle HD 10/122TS
15 metre hose
PA Foam lance
60 degree tap water :wink:

Polishing pads
Chemical guys hexlogic "color straight 5" pads (Orange, Green, Blue ,White, Black) +4" pads, orange & green.
Scholl concepts Violet & Orange pads
Meguairs detailer range microfibre cutting & finishing pads

Polishing compounds
Scholl concept S3 Gold + S30 compounds
Wolfs WP-3G + WP-5G + Jeweler compounds

Shampoos & washmitts
Bilt Hamber autofoam for prewash, wax safe great product.
Chemical guys mr pink shampoo, chemical guys citruswash&gloss shampoo, malco verryberry shampoo
2x carpro long wool mitt
2x noodle mitts for solvant washing
Motox carbon solvant
15 litre bucket including grit guard

Drying towels
3x Elite car care yellow thick drying towel (best in my opinion)
2x Blue waffle drying towels
Autofinesse aqua deluxe towel
Sonax grey drying towel

De ironing
Bilt-Hamber Korrosol de-iron

Waxes & Sealants
Collinite 915
Finis-Kare 1000P
Finis-Kare pink wax
Bouncers winter wax
Chemical guys Pete´s 53 black pearl paste wax

Quick detailers
Meguairs last touch
Sonax BSD
Bouncer´s done and dusted

Misc
Siemens vacuum cleaner
Paint thickness gauge
2x500watt halogen worklights
2x led lights
2x led torches
Clay mitt
Couple of claybars
Waxing sponges
Spray bottles / nozzles
Autofinesse spritz interior detailer, valet pro interior detailer + cleaner
Scholl interior detailer
Autoglym vinyl&rubber care, bumper care, super resin polish, tar remover.
CRC Tyre dressing spray
Biltema window cleaner foam rattle can
Gyeon glass sealant kit
50x microfibre towels

Last edited:
IMG_0548.JPG

Dodo juice sour power shampoo, (love it!)
Dodo juice red mist detailing spray,
Demon wheels wheel cleaner then switched to Bilberry when I was running low (much better IMO)
Sonax wheel sealant,
3M tyre restorer,
Meguiars glass cleaner,
Rain X,
Meguiars quick wax spray,
Sheeps wool hand mitt and assorted brushes, spounges and microfibres :smile:

EDIT. I forgot the Autoglym pressure wash (for the pre wash) I might invest in a snow foam lance one day but for now it does the job just fine

Last edited:
How often do you machine polish Sean ? Which compound do you usually start with presuming you only need to get rid of normal washing swirls etc and are not correcting as such.....?

This is the kit I bought at Xmas - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

So far I've used it twice, so every 3 months. It could do with a proper correction with the harder compound and pads, but so far I've only used it for mild cutting and polishing. I use the Menzerna Medium Cut 2200 compound followed by Menzerna Super Finish Plus 3800, then go over with Collinite 845 by hand although I think when I go over the car with the DA again next week i'll try the Collinite with a finishing pad.

This is the kit I bought at Xmas - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

So far I've used it twice, so every 3 months. It could do with a proper correction with the harder compound and pads, but so far I've only used it for mild cutting and polishing. I use the Menzerna Medium Cut 2200 compound followed by Menzerna Super Finish Plus 3800, then go over with Collinite 845 by hand although I think when I go over the car with the DA again next week i'll try the Collinite with a finishing pad.
Got my eye on that kit Sean. Did you not need smaller pads for awkward areas? Keep reading that a 3" or 4" pad is needed?

Got my eye on that kit Sean. Did you not need smaller pads for awkward areas? Keep reading that a 3" or 4" pad is needed?

You don't necessarily need a smaller pad. I just use the default 5" pad on the DA and then use an old 5" pad cut into sections with Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand.

You don't necessarily need a smaller pad. I just use the default 5" pad on the DA and then use an old 5" pad cut into sections with Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand.
So a small pad is needed just got to either buy one or cut down a bigger one. Ok

I just do the awkward areas by hand ie sills, lower front bumper etc

Thats my plan too Sean. You can buy small hand-held 'Hex logic' type pads on ebay for just this purpose.....

And thanks for posting about the compounds you use. Your philosophy of not going OTT ref deeper-cutting pads / compound mirrors mine. On all the 3-stage kits i've seen - stage 1 just seems / sounds too much.

When they are talking about a pads rating in terms of: Cutting 8 - Polishing 3.....its just not what my paint in it current state needs. I 'only' want to get rid of some light swirling. The guy who machined it when i first got it reckoned it was about the hardest paint he'd ever come across. And hence didn't come armed with anything quite as aggressive as he'd have liked.

Its almost as if i could do with a 4 stage process...... and then i could skip stage 1 and ''just' do 2-4.

I'll figure something out. Either that or it's more work and passes required on the 2nd (My first) stage as per when previously done.

Let us know about applying the Collinite with a finishing pad too. Again: tough to get to areas by hand...and then hit the big square-meterage with a machine :smile:

Thats my plan too Sean. You can buy small hand-held 'Hex logic' type pads on ebay for just this purpose.....

And thanks for posting about the compounds you use. Your philosophy of not going OTT ref deeper-cutting pads / compound mirrors mine. On all the 3-stage kits i've seen - stage 1 just seems / sounds too much.

When they are talking about a pads rating in terms of: Cutting 8 - Polishing 3.....its just not what my paint in it current state needs. I 'only' want to get rid of some light swirling. The guy who machined it when i first got it reckoned it was about the hardest paint he'd ever come across. And hence didn't come armed with anything quite as aggressive as he'd have liked.

Its almost as if i could do with a 4 stage process...... and then i could skip stage 1 and ''just' do 2-4.

I'll figure something out. Either that or it's more work and passes required on the 2nd (My first) stage as per when previously done.

Let us know about applying the Collinite with a finishing pad too. Again: tough to get to areas by hand...and then hit the big square-meterage with a machine :smile:

There's a post in my progress thread re. different pads and when to use them which I found useful.
I'll be giving the car the full treatment when I'm off next week so I'll update my thread with the results.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I can't really get a good picture of my stash as the main cabinet is tucked away behind my old alloys... I did create a list a while ago of what I actually have product wise, I'll have to dig it out.

DSC_0204.png
Top shelf are my waxes, sealants, tape, brushes etc
Middle shelf contains the bulk of my products. Snow foams, shampoos, tyre gel, polish, mini samples etc
Bottom shelf contains all the decanted products. Glass cleaner, detail spray, fallout remover, tar remover etc. Some Autosmart bottles are behind.

DSC_0202.png
Not really exciting...
Top and middle shelf is all the cars fluids, paints, and miscellaneous tools.
Bottom shelf contains all my Autosmart bottles (Red7, Tardis, Wax Detail Spray, Glass Clear, Autowash etc)

DSC_0203.png
Big box has my pressure washer, two vacuums (both wet n dry), buckets, ramps, jacks and axle stands, old springs, new shocks and manifold.

Can't wait till I have my own garage, it's going to be immaculate :tongueout: