Car turns off by itself

Hello everyone!

I had strange experience today, so if anybody has seen/heard similar stuff, I would appreciate some input, this is what happend:

Was driving 15 minutes, nothing crazy, outside temperature 26'C, fuel tank half full, engine is warm and all is good, I stop at a gas station and am waiting in line behind another car in idle (having AC on), always using 100 octane fuel (2 years by now) and rpm at one moment goes up to approx 1000-1100 and then drops to around 700, and then the car just turns off.

After that everything was ok (but was driving around 250km / 155miles). But when I stop at traffict light or traffic jam idle seems dancing a bit and dropping down, as if the car is choking and wants to turn off again. But these few times it stayed alive.

Tried the same with AC on and off, and similar thing happens..

I recently had cams 402 installed, ported+polished inlets, RS tuning remap (remote), dunno if it has something to do with it? I guess it might have since before that installation I had no such problems. Those works have been made 1 month ago (approx 1000km or 600 miles ago). Airbox is standard with k&n panel filter, cleaned and taken care of, etc. Currently car has 77000km (approx 48000 miles).

Thanks!

Last edited:
it maybe a cam sensor or tdc sensor the other thing that I once had was a vacuum type fault the car idle was slower than usually by pressing the brake hard changed the idle speed up to normal levels yours seems that something is out of sync sensor wise but as long as it is repeatable it should be easy to track down.