Centre console bulb

Hi, noticed last night that one of the bulbs in the centre cosole has gone. How do i replace this? Is removing the stereo the best way? Can't really see how else to do it.

Thanks in advance

anyone know how to do this? took the stereo out last night but couldn't see how to get to where the bulb is

Yeah i think there might be 2 bulbs, and its the left one - so where you change the air output (windscreen, feet, face etc)

So i take the stereo out, then the console face just pulls out?

No not at all. You have to take en the stereo out and then the frame. Facia needs to be pulled and then possibly the main vent because you'd have to disconnect the cables from behind. I've never removed it myself but I give it a go shortly. If I do it before you I'll let you know.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have done this before.
It goes as follows:

Remove stereo/pull fascia forward and disconnect stereo and other plugs - Hazards/door lock

Place to one side

Spot your target, the heating controls, they're held in by two Torx T20 bolts on either side

Undo these and store safely

Now the tricky fun part

Push the heater control backwards so it unclips from the dash - you'll see the white peg clips above where you've just taken the bolts from

Now start to wiggle, shake, rattle and roll and eventually it'll come free - you'll be pushing the heater control cables back/forth so expect some resistance

Another tricky fun part once you have the dial controls in your hand - small flat bladed screwdrivers need to be inserted all around to remove the front black fascia, giving you access to the internally mounted bulbs

And voila!

Replace bulbs
Refitting is reversal of removal!

Enjoy!!

I've just ordered 10 LEDs to do this on my 197. I don't need all 10. PM me and I'll post you a couple of LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I managed to change the bulbs yesterday. Bit fiddley getting the actual bulbs out to replace with leds. Only thing now is the leds are a lot brighter, so in the centre of the dash its really bright and the outer edges darker where as before it was more of an even light. Guess it's a minor problem and will see when its properly dark what it's like.