Chris's LY 200t.

how do you find the tpi bolts? going to replace all of mine at some point.

Had them on my 197 and they were far superior to renaults standard crap. The bolts I had on my 197 are still going strong on @Pav s car!

The 200ts standard bolts are an improvement from the 197s but these are better all round! And look miles better ofc...

great effort Chris..looks 100% better..looks like you have this weekend to yourself :thumb:
yeah Chris was kind to sell me his TPI bolts and they are still going strong...

Reactions: Chris
Top weekends work in progress here Chris !

Great work on the, arches, wheels, hub painting etc and we all know how good your LY is going to look after a full clean and wax dont we...

Enjoy your day. I'm quite jealous of your day of fettling ahead :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Chris
Top weekends work in progress here Chris !

Great work on the, arches, wheels, hub painting etc and we all know how good your LY is going to look after a full clean and wax dont we...

Enjoy your day. I'm quite jealous of your day of fettling ahead :smile:

Feel free to drive down and help if your itch needs scratching lol!

Reactions: Pav
Sterling effort there Chris nice one mate. Looks a massive improvement. Do love those wheels too.

Think ours will get a wash today. Can't take it to Jade looking like it does right now!

Had quite the busy day on the car today!

My plan was just going to be a wash and then clean the interior, this soon went down the pan as soon as I finished washing it, as I gave the car a good proper inspection (this is the first wash since some decent weather has started). The car was COVERED in tar.

So this is when I knew the interior probably wasn't on the cards! I soaked the car in AS tardis - getting most of it off, knowing only a clay would get everything off. So I got the clay bar out, started on the roof and was soon reminded that I had a clay mitt - as the bar was an absolutely nightmare - ive used bars in the past but I had a nearly new one which was a nightmare to keep lubed, and keep transferring clay onto the surface, potentially marring the car, so I then remembered I had bought the mitt, which did the job well.

Moving on this from I knew id end up going the whole hog, the machine polisher came out with some meguairs polisher/cleanser (number 83), coupled with a light cutting pad, I removed some light surface swirls that had appeared from washing off all the winter mud! There is still swirls left that are a bit deeper which needs a different combination to get them out - this will be a job for another day!

Pleased with the results, the polishing left a decent gloss, so I applied some collimate 476 wax, to finish the car off. Treated all plastics with Autoglym, re applied the H2GO to all windows, sealed the wheels with poor boys wheel sealant, dressed the tyres with meguiars.

Took the car out to find some different places to take pictures for a change, but still a few standard back garden shots! Went out again in the evening as the sun came out rather than overcast so theres 2 'sets' of pictures.

Enjoy:

33282162730_40fc62fdcb_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_459 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

32823052064_df8c1fe26c_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_458 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

33536610281_e6737ce20d_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_457 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

33625119316_0229f9b876_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_455 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

33536495391_a78ca44e16_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_454 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

Gorgeous Chris ! Looks fabulous.

Couple of those shots - i feel i could almost dive into the paintwork; the colour and shine is so deep.

Not too shabby on the pics either. LOVING shots 1 and 3 particularly :smile:

Satisfying weekends work i bet.....

Similar Thread Suggestions