City Wheel Refurbishment Birmingham

Has anybody used the above company, I've heard so much about them and their low prices, but is thew quality good? It would be worth the journey from Reading to Birmingham for £40 a wheel same day.

I'm from Brum and have heard a lot of good things about them . their Facebook is full of pictures and good reviews

Has anybody used the above company, I've heard so much about them and their low prices, but is thew quality good? It would be worth the journey from Reading to Birmingham for £40 a wheel same day.

Spot on, you won't find any quality issues with them. It would be worth the trek

Just looked at their price list.
£20 p/wheel without tyres + £10 same day.
Or £30 p/wheel with tyres + £10 same day.
And they're only 40 mins from me result. You can even drop the car off for £45 and pick it up same day. (8am-5pm). Can't beat it really.

Reactions: Big Ben
Think I'm gonna use these guys one day... On a funny note I got a quote for getting all my calipers refurbished & painted at https://www.bcs-automotive.co.uk, quote came back at £700 :tearsofjoy:.

Was gonna ask about getting wheels done too but don't think I'll bother...

I had 8 of Mine done by them a few weeks back they were spot on, I paid £30 a wheel as I had green, think there normally £25 a wheel.

Attachments

• 80CF2B32-9CA3-4175-BFB3-DBA0AEA5138F.png
    80CF2B32-9CA3-4175-BFB3-DBA0AEA5138F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • BBB8563C-B8D1-42D9-A390-B56637BE5987.png
    BBB8563C-B8D1-42D9-A390-B56637BE5987.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
I've used City Powdercoaters a lot many years ago, but not since they've been revamped, so I dropped off my Speedlines to get done.

Here is a pic of them before (sorry for poor pic, only one I have to hand), they were curbed around the outer edges, I had tyres removed a while back, so I supplied just wheels to them.

GfwfMx6.jpg

I then dropped them off and wanted anthracite, they offer 3 different shades, lighter, darker and one inbetween, he said most people opt for inbetween, then asked to see the car and also suggested the inbetween one. So that is £20 a wheel as it is classed as "standard" colour.

I picked them up yesterday, here are the final pics:

Yq3JkYs.jpg

lBhv8tv.jpg

LyyB4dW.jpg

hqVgzI9.jpg

AeSd4SC.jpg

JVb2oZO.jpg

For £80 it's utterly bonkers lol.
I also split my centre caps, as they won't powdercoat them (being plastic), but I went to a place nearby and got some paint matched to the wheel colour, so I will have them matching and painted soon.

So if anyone is after a good refurb for flip all money, get on down to them, I am lucky as they are pretty local.

Their pricing is:
* £20 a wheel (for standard colour, with no tyre, week turnaround)
* £30 a wheel (for standard colour, tyre removal and refit, week turnaround)
* £40 a wheel (for standard colour, tyre removal and refit, same day service (drop off at 8am, pick up at 5pm))
* £45 a wheel if you drop off the car, they'll store the car, remove wheels and do the "£40 a wheel" offer.

They charge a bit more for non-standard colours, I think it was £5 a wheel (PS they have quite a range of standard colours, only if as the person above you want bright green for example).

Reactions: Benno
@suj That is a mega price for what looks like a great job!

Yep Sean, bargain really, I remember the first time I used them (this was MANY years ago, 2009 maybe? Or 2010) they were just ok, I had to reject a set twice due to imperfections, but they got progressively better, but I heard they went under new management in the last couple of years and revamped, the wheels all look bang on really, a few mates are now going to get theirs done (one being a Megane RS250) he's gonna drop it off and come to mine for the day.

Looks spot on, is this something you can offer to people? Or just a one-off for a mate? As I could definitely be interested!

Looks spot on, is this something you can offer to people? Or just a one-off for a mate? As I could definitely be interested!
I guess I could, but it would depend on workloads with gearboxes and expected turnaround times for calipers tbh mate.

Reactions: suj
I guess I could, but it would depend on workloads with gearboxes and expected turnaround times for calipers tbh mate.

Ok great, I will try and source a set soon, I wouldn't want next day delivery lol, so whenever you could (as I know you are busy).

Reactions: Northloopcup