Clio 197 steady progress

Glad that you got the outcome you were after :smile: such a shame you've had to go through all this, however there is a silver lining! Good luck with it all, and keep us updated with how it all goes.

Thanks everyone [emoji1303]. If anyone knows of a passenger side xenon with turning lights for sale that would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a late update. The car has been repaired and is back! Very happy to have her back.
4428358ee7978e80c1186017c5c8ced7.jpg
New pads and discs all round and finally think the abs problem has been identified and that'll be sorted next week.
7ffd493db346235802846a4f5ea36749.jpg
Also go my first track day booked for the 8th April at Blyton park so that's something to look forward to

Also got a couple of night shots in a car park in Sheffield. Went and bought a tripod from the charity shop and had a go with long exposures and light painting. Think heh turned out okay for a first attempt.
3dfbbf9894ba1a3c42150fd02d24dd7f.jpg2119257c0a62c4353a6c4356176a4d7a.jpg

BRILLIANT !

So glad you've got it back - looking swell too :smile:

Did you paint the brake-disc hubs ? (You know they'll rust like a bi-atch in no time) :-(

BRILLIANT !

So glad you've got it back - looking swell too :smile:

Did you paint the brake-disc hubs ? (You know they'll rust like a bi-atch in no time) :-(

Thanks [emoji4]. I didn't no. It was dark and raining [emoji19]. But I've got the paint and i think I'll take the disks off and do it properly when I do.

505d13154b4f7ebb5c9ff967546e5334.jpg

So first track day went well a few weeks ago and I enjoyed enough to book another this Saturday. Weathers not looking great but hopefully it'll stay dry.

9248b22d29d7127966da826dbb82034e.jpg
Also bought a load of stuff to detail the car. Going to try and get the swirls out and make it look like new.

Reactions: ///M
Looking good.

Be careful with that orange pad. They're designed for heavy cutting and as a result they can leave marring in the paint. You ideally need to correct with an orange pad if the paint's that bad, then refine with a lower-grade pad to remove the marks that harder pads leave.

Reactions: Big Ben and ///M
I recommend 5" meguairs cutting microfibre, and Scholl S3 gold xxl compound. Our clios have really hard lacquer from factory.
I have done lot of correction for my clio with that combo and it works nice. Another option is rotary polisher. violet scholl pad & S3 gold xxl.
I think your machine is dual action? Those are good machines to start, no holograms like rotary.

Cheers for the advice. Think I'm going to try and get an old wing or something from the scrapyard to practice on and if it goes tits up I'll try a different combonation