Clio 197 Ultra Red 2007 from Finland. April, time to start driving.

Wheels delivered to my local paintshop, 2 weeks and should be ready for michelins.
Parcel arrived from UK:

-B pilar window seal
-Wheel centre cap
-Door hing/limiter ( it is faulty, it sounds like "clonck" every time i open door.

big.jpg
New windshield glass
big.jpg
And glass coating Gyeon..:
big.jpg
Coating complete
big.jpg

And some ultra red candy for you:
big.jpg

big.jpg

Last edited:
Always soooooo clean Antti.

**I'm actually not sure this car ever gets driven in the slush and snow :smile:

What was the matter with your windscreen to need a new one ??

the weather is getting warmer so take her out with all the mods..:thumb:

Yep only -8 celsius this morning :smiley: And now it is snowing..

Always soooooo clean Antti.

**I'm actually not sure this car ever gets driven in the slush and snow :smile:

What was the matter with your windscreen to need a new one ??

I wash it weekly, and always take those pics after wash. Stone hit windscreen and it cracked. Luckily i had glass insurance. It is genuine renault glass installed by renault dealer. No problems at all. In the same time they replaced wiper blades and rear view mirror. Mirror was kind of strange, 2-3mm from bottom it was cracked inside. New mirror was only 20euro.

Reactions: sevenfourate
What a beautifully looked after car you have. Really can't be easy given the weather you have to deal with too.

Loads of respect to you. Looks stunning.

What a beautifully looked after car you have. Really can't be easy given the weather you have to deal with too.

Loads of respect to you. Looks stunning.

Many thanks :smile: Sometimes i have to make realitycheck with this car washing obsession.

Reactions: ///M
Small detailing session this morning:

1. Wash with Bilt-Hamber autofoam / lance
2. Rinse
3. Wash mitt wash with malco verry berry shampoo
4. Rinse
5. Petrol based solvant sprayed on, wiped with noodle mitt.
6. Rinse
7. Drying with elite yellow towels
8. De-ironing , with Bilt-Hamber korrosol
9. Rinse
10. Drying with elite yellow towels.
11. Wax Collinite 915 carnauba
12. Wipe it off

Result, choose 720p or 1080p resolution + full screen

Today i put fresh brembo discs & brembo pads. All went fine.. but.
Now when i drove approx 110kmh (70mph?) it makes little bit shaking in steering wheel. Which is strange there is absolut not any shaking when i brake hard or gently. Btw. Dont EVER buy roadhouse pads, what a shit. Those brembos are suberb. Now it really slams brakes i am so happy.
Might be time to balance wheels? 10 year old conti spc3..

Some pics:

Brembo pads P68 036
Brembo discs, hc coated

big.jpg

big.jpg
big.jpg

Last edited:
I will get this steering wheel retrimmed.. oem "leather" is so cheap to handle.
My friend has one steering wheel which i can buy, and get it retrimmed. Oem style, black leather top/bottom, perforated leather side parts, silver stitching and red stripe. It will be quite expensive because it is difficult to find upholster who will do it.

@sevenfourate any tips for project?

medium.jpg

How expensive royal steering wheels is ? You have to remember i have to ship my steering wheel from Finland to UK and back.

How expensive royal steering wheels is ? You have to remember i have to ship my steering wheel from Finland to UK and back.

They do an exchange service Antti, so they'll have a 197 wheel in, so you just need to send the wheel after your has been sent.

It's best to message them, as prices vary depending on your preference of style.

I will get this steering wheel retrimmed.. oem "leather" is so cheap to handle.
My friend has one steering wheel which i can buy, and get it retrimmed. Oem style, black leather top/bottom, perforated leather side parts, silver stitching and red stripe. It will be quite expensive because it is difficult to find upholster who will do it.

@sevenfourate any tips for project?

medium.jpg

Antti.

Any combination of Leather / Alcantara is approx £130 - £140.

Quality is superb. Alcantara wasn't for me (I did try it !) - so i went OEM style with perforated / smooth leather.

The perforated stuff Royal Steering wheels use is far less 'dimpled' that the standard leather.

For example when releasing the wheel back to straight ahead after turning - you can barely feel the difference in your hands between the smooth and perforated parts. Also the colour leather Jack uses matches perfectly with the standard dash etc.

You may well find someone local to you - if you don't however - you are assured a really great job with Royal.

Exchange service as above might be good for you; they retrim and sent it to you. You fit it and return your original back to them. Hence no need to buy your friends :smile:

Good luck.

Reactions: suj
Royal steering wheel service and quality sounds just correct for me.
I want oem style, but much more terms of leather quality. Oem leather is what it is.. you know. Horrible.

I sent email 3hours ago, lets see when they reply.
It will be cool to receive fresh uphostelred wheel, and then i can ship my current wheel.

Royal steering wheel service and quality sounds just correct for me.
I want oem style, but much more terms of leather quality. Oem leather is what it is.. you know. Horrible.

I sent email 3hours ago, lets see when they reply.
It will be cool to receive fresh uphostelred wheel, and then i can ship my current wheel.
Communication is not his strong point Annti. He will reply in time and be true to his word.

Can echo what Ben said above. Comms are very thin on the ground with Royal but you WILL get there and it absolutely will be worth it!