Clio 197

Good Morning

Decided to join these forums as it's nice to have a place to frequent

Been a member of M3 cutters, VX220.org and a few other owners websites with the cars I've owned.

Picked up a 197 last year to save me some money and buy a house, but with the intention to rag it round a few track days. (Croft being local)

Last few cars include
Vauxhall VX220
Mitsubishi Evo 7
e46 M3

So the Clio is a nice place to come down to be my first hot hatch, and first FWD car.
Handling is on point and power isn't too bad if you keep momentum going.

I've been thinking about making an homage to the 182 trophy by speccing my 197 in the same manner. It's red, some decent suspension and trophy stickers will surely annoy a few people.

Currently it's a 2007 197 in red with xenon lights, cup suspension, recaro's as standard.

Few basic mods as below
H&R springs
Stud conversion
20mm front and 5mm rear spacers to bring wheels into similar spacing to the cup racers.
Colour coded bullets, handles and mirrors.

More planned with a rear cage and KW coilovers.

Heading off to Scotland next month to do 1000 miles including the NC 500 route.
Also looking at another track day at Knockhill towards the end of may.

Anyone else in the area (NEWCASLTE) give me a shout as I've seen a few about.
Also a member of 197/200 facebook page.

So hello and thanks for having me

Pictures to come later

Reactions: Beany
Welcome mate. Unless you're going the full Ohlins route I wouldn't put the Trophy stickers on, but if you do that would be AWESOME! Let's face it, the Trophy was just a regular Renaultsport Clio with VERY good suspension on it :smiley:

Having just moved from a Cup pack car to a proper suspension set up I can definitely advise it!

Morning to you too @Dollon

Cliio is obviously in the shadow of some nice metal. And holding its own so far.....

Sounds a good spec too. Pics would be lovely :smile:

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome along. Glad you're enjoying the car after the previous cars you've had. As said, some pics would be good.

Welcome to the forum! A credit to the 197 that it's next on your list of driver's cars!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's a decent car. Missing the straight line speed but makes up for it in the handling and turn in.

New. All joints going on this week as well as the big service.

I'll put some pics up later tonight

Hi, welcome along, have a soft spot for an m3 although never owned one!

Now is the time mate if you're interested in an E46, they're at the bottom of the curve and there are some great low miles cars available for a decent price. They'll only go up from here.

Reactions: Cossers
Now is the time mate if you're interested in an E46, they're at the bottom of the curve and there are some great low miles cars available for a decent price. They'll only go up from here.

Can just see the wifes face, hi honey, guess what......

Reactions: Jimmy
a bit of a TLC never hurts..get her in a good shape and she will not let you down...