Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since posted up.

Cars currently up for sale :worried:

But on plus side off
To Oulton Park Saturday for a TD :smiley: go up set some more expensive machinery

Been awhile since posted up.

Cars currently up for sale :worried:

But on plus side off
To Oulton Park Saturday for a TD :smiley: go up set some more expensive machinery

Have a great day. I might pop down for a look depending on the weather and what's going on. Did my last track day of the year last weekend.

IMG_2943.JPG IMG_2941.JPG IMG_2939.JPG Made a Change to rear of the car.

Been running 18mm
Spacers all round most year as felt comfortable with car but going switch to 5mm spacers at rear and leave the 18s on the front. See how it feels tomorrow. Made big difference to where wheel sits.

Reactions: trackspec197
With the 18mm spacers up front do you get much stone rash down on the rear arch?
Love the look of spacers but there always seem to be a lot of 2nd hand ones for sale!!

How was the car mate? Bit more propensity for oversteer with the reduced rear track I presume?

Saw some pics of you dicking around with discs again or something!! I think you just need to bite the bullet and put some carbon ceramics on, find a written off supercar :wink:

How was the car mate? Bit more propensity for oversteer with the reduced rear track I presume?

Saw some pics of you dicking around with discs again or something!! I think you just need to bite the bullet and put some carbon ceramics on, find a written off supercar :wink:

'very lively' were the words from Chris !!!

Because of the wet track (and I was going to be driving) we opted to go back to the 18mm spacers and play with the suspension settings only

We'll try them again on a dry day

Disc's and pads - yep we ended up with a brake vibration after a lock up at the end of the pit straight. We put a set of old standard discs and very used pagid Rs29's on and enjoyed the rest of the day

Reactions: TB Rich
Certainly felt benifit of the spacers on the rear but it was very lively. Was still loose at rear on 18mms just not as bad. Think they'll work really well in dry on semi slicks. The track was not mega wet but seem'd really greasy.

Them brakes have been bRillaint all season, the discs haven't given me
a single issue. One slight lock up on a TD and gives us issues - typical!! Lucky carried the spare discs with us.

I'll post video later if get chance, spent the last session playing round with a scircoo R vag trophy race car.

Part from brakes car was flautless all day and was flying putting a lot other cars to shame

If remove any stuff of the car , would anyone be interested in the KWs? They were put on about 5 month ago and seen little mileage

Clubsports with top amounts
Motorsport rear spring set up
And custom spring rates.

IMG_2995.JPG £1400 for the KW's. As can see they are in good nick.

Feel like I'm at abit of cross roads with the Clio now. im suprised I didn't have more interest than I did but December ain't brillaint time
To sell a car either.

Ideal upgrades to improve on what I've got would be shorter final drive. , lighter fly wheel and manifold upgrade with ECU tweek.

Just caught up with your thread Chis, first of all great and very confident driving in the wet, sweet:smile:

Sorry to see that you are selling but as you said, this time of year is really not ideal for selling anything. With that said, I do believe that the asking price is on the high side. I totally lost touch with prices etc but a quick look on PH returned this;

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...io/renault-clio-x85-renaultsport-2012/6576201

Half the mileage, same colour, 2 years younger example with great spec and Akrapovic, Recaros, Cup chassis etc for £2k less. Yours has quite a few track days on its belt as well and even though I wouldn't personally mind some people do. As far as upgrades go, we all know we don't get our money back so you'd be better off splitting and selling separately. You are very handy with the spanner and you've got the space so it'd be unwise not to do it imo.

Good luck with the sale mate:smile: What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.