Clio 200 Gearbox in a 197

dgo130

Paid Member
Ok so I have been given a box from a 200 done literally no more than 4000 miles before my friend upgraded it, so do I put this in the 197?
Are there and pros in doing this? and if I should do it what shall I upgrade on it and what too?
Current Spec on engine is Cat Cams 402, Filter, Full Scorpion including Manifold & Decat

The pros would be slightly shorter 2nd and 3rd gears with 6th being slightly longer so cruising rpm on the motorways is slightly reduced. I personally prefer the ratios of the early box where you could hit a little over 60 in 2nd gear.

I believe the 200 'box has shorter 1-3, same 4th, longer 5 and 6. So, slightly quicker through 1-3, and better mpg cruising in 6th.
No need to upgrade anything, unless you want to do a full rebuild with the different synchros to protect against future failure. I'd put a new clutch on it as it's out anyway.

Ok where would I need to send it too and what sort of cost would I be looking at to future fail it, recommendation on clutch as well?
Would this then all need to be set up again on the rolling road, silly question but some people have said to me yes and other no lol!

Why do you feel you need to future proof a box with no more than
4k mile on it?

No need to rolling road it. The gear ratios make no difference to
Your engine tune. Any top spec race engine is tuned on an engine
Dyno with no gearbox attached at all.

Ok thanks for the info, just because I don't want the hassle if it does go tits up, bearing in mind as well it's going to be used on track all the time.