Clio 200 (Megane 225 Conversion) Advice and oppinions please.

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, from Leeds - I've owned my 2010 Clio 200 cup now for almost a year and getting bored of the power. I love the car to bits, the drive and handing is brilliant just want some more BHP! So I decided to purchase a Megane 225 Engine (Complete), I'm hoping to do the conversion over the winter with some help from one of my close friends who is a very enthusiastic about the Germans - Audi to be specific. Just wondering if any of you guys could chip in with any mistakes you've made along the way and key things to be aware of, much appreciated.

Oh and I'll have a F4R engine from 2010 200 to sell very soon done 50K.

Thanks again :thumb:

Lee

Welcome to the forum, Lee!

There's quite a lot of members on here who have done the conversion now, so there's plenty of info out there!

Welcome to the forum, Lee!

There's quite a lot of members on here who have done the conversion now, so there's plenty of info out there!

Cheers Jimmy,

I'll wait to see if anyone comes up with anything I should be weary of then, and I'll have a scout around the site myself.

Thanks - Lee

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, from Leeds - I've owned my 2010 Clio 200 cup now for almost a year and getting bored of the power. I love the car to bits, the drive and handing is brilliant just want some more BHP! So I decided to purchase a Megane 225 Engine (Complete), I'm hoping to do the conversion over the winter with some help from one of my close friends who is a very enthusiastic about the Germans - Audi to be specific. Just wondering if any of you guys could chip in with any mistakes you've made along the way and key things to be aware of, much appreciated.

Oh and I'll have a F4R engine from 2010 200 to sell very soon done 50K.

Thanks again :thumb:

Lee
I'd go with a 250 lump the internals are better

if you had already purchased a 225 engine,no point selling and getting a 250 but you can do..a forged 225 can take way above 300 which is plenty enough to embarrass some more expensive cars on the road..
what i personally struggled with was the ecu..make sure its a correct year (euro 3-4 not sure),and driveshafts were a bit of a pain..wouldnt fit my clio hubs..maybe getting a 3 inch exhaust will help alongside with a 250 turbo..
also you can use your clio loom with some alternations to it using bits from a megane...
hope all goes well

Hey guys,

Sorry about the late reply on this one been flat out for 2 months with the build, thanks for all your replies/advice. I have the old engine out and that been sold, new engine is ready to go in next week. Just waiting for the original turbo to come back that I've had upgraded, I've kept a list of everything that I've done and bought through out the build with lots of pics so I'll but a post up when done. Again thanks for all your help and the wiring loom was a little tricky as you mentioned. Will hopefully have the car over at RS tuning in Leeds at the end of October for injectors and remap do not long now but it hasn't been cheap - just hope it's worth it.

Hey guys,

Sorry about the late reply on this one been flat out for 2 months with the build, thanks for all your replies/advice. I have the old engine out and that been sold, new engine is ready to go in next week. Just waiting for the original turbo to come back that I've had upgraded, I've kept a list of everything that I've done and bought through out the build with lots of pics so I'll but a post up when done. Again thanks for all your help and the wiring loom was a little tricky as you mentioned. Will hopefully have the car over at RS tuning in Leeds at the end of October for injectors and remap do not long now but it hasn't been cheap - just hope it's worth it.
good luck and yes it is all well worth it..just wait for the 1st drive...

im interested in doing the megclio in the next few months, just some pictures of the connectors and any modifications you needed to do would be fantastic