clio 200 recaro seat squeek

hey all,

I've had my clio 200 for just over a week now and have noticed that the driver seat squeeks when i turn right and my body weight is leaning on the left side of the seat. its really hard to make it squeek on purpose and onli happens when i turn right.

does anyone know what the problem maybe?....i've only had the car for a week so don't really want to take it back to check it in yet so wanted to see if i could fix it manually or i will take it in for a checkup once i've had a little more bash round with the car. =D

mine does this

After they have been removed / refitted with the leather retrim it'd stopped - now its back again. think something just needs tightening (loctiting or maybe greasing)

not had the time to find out where its coming from yet its prettyhardto look down when cornering... :confused1:

Last edited:
have a look underneath see if anything is loose is the best bet mate.

Take the seat off and put it back on and tighten all bolts properly, sounds like when the seat flexes under cornering its making a slightly loose bolt flex and make this noise

orite...cheers peeps....yeah thats what i was hoping it was...just loose bolts so i can just tighten them....i'll have a look when i have time nd will let u's know how it goes....

hey all,

I've had my clio 200 for just over a week now and have noticed that the driver seat squeeks when i turn right and my body weight is leaning on the left side of the seat. its really hard to make it squeek on purpose and onli happens when i turn right.

does anyone know what the problem maybe?....i've only had the car for a week so don't really want to take it back to check it in yet so wanted to see if i could fix it manually or i will take it in for a checkup once i've had a little more bash round with the car. =D

You must visit Renault service,because you can not fixed this problem yourself.
Problem is inside drivers seat(in my case right back side).Plastic part touch metal part of seat,and produced this squeek. My mechanik fixed this problem with small sponge beetwen this parts.

Last edited:
I squirted WD40 on everybolt/ fixing / joint i could find!! Job done!

My passenger seat squeeks - but only when there is nobody in it!?

TBH I thought it sounded more internal rather than a squeeky joint but the WD40 will be coming out tonight and I will see if that works!