Clio 200 steamy rear window??

Hello all.

My clio has a permanantly steamed up rear window. jump in it and drive for 5 mins or so with the heated rear window on and its fine. Park up, leave it 5 mins, the bloody things all wet again.

There is NOTHING in the car such as damp umbrellas etc, Nothings wet in the boot. I've had all the carpet up etc and its all bone dry.

Anyone else experience this or care to offer me any ideas??

Cheers.

stop ****** in the back!!! lol.

on a SLIGHTLY more serious note, why not leave a sachet of silica gel in the boot or on the parcel shelf. should dry the back end out a bit :smile:

stu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my Mrs suggested that.

P***** me off that I have to do it mind you!

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't think of any other more productive answers.... lol.
did she suggest the first or second one? and are you pissed off that you have to do the first or second one?? lol

Does it mean the seals not right?

I would be taking it to the dealer and asking them to sort it, not noticed it on mine but will keep and eye.

I hate taking my car to the dealers. It will result in one of the following....

Car will get washed using grit and rainwater.
They will say 'no fault found' after i've spent £10 on a loan car for the day and gone back and forth.
They will fix that problem and end up damaging something else in the process.

Silica gel it is!

all of the above is sooooo true!!
i have completely stressed to the stealers not to wash it, whatsoever, at all, in any way, shape, fashion or form!! lol.

you think the message got through? i'm not holding my breath....!!!!

Using a polish on the glass can help to stop it steam up, einsett glas polish is a particuarly good one.

Also, use you heater on the setting that brings fresh air in, not the recirculating option

Using a polish on the glass can help to stop it steam up, einsett glas polish is a particuarly good one.

Also, use you heater on the setting that brings fresh air in, not the recirculating option

Its not steam matey, its proper condensation!

And the fresh air thing is always set to that setting.

Theres definately moisture getting in somewhere.

if its that wet it will drip then will smell damp
not good needs seeing to b4 this weather sets in

Small tub of the granule cat litter with holes in the lid on the parcel shelf . Should soak up any moisture pretty quick . Once its gone if it comes back id say u've got a leak somewhere.. yes cat litter seriously!

all of the above is sooooo true!!
i have completely stressed to the stealers not to wash it, whatsoever, at all, in any way, shape, fashion or form!! lol.

you think the message got through? i'm not holding my breath....!!!!

I wouldnt hold your breath :wink:

I told the dealership not to wash it when they got it, as its being detailed in a few days anyway and I didnt want to get it covered in swirls.

When I arrived the dealer said that unfortunately the team said they thought it was best they did a basic clean after taking the PDI stickers off :worried:
Left a few swirls :worried: Gutting!

Last edited: