Clio 200 v RS500

Its another good vid which highlights just how great the 200 is.

I have to say that Im getting annoyed with these kind of unbalanced tests, nowhere seems to do a comparison. The TG mega test was a very good read and produced the same winner but they have comparable cars like the Seat Bocanegra, 500 esse esse etc. I know when I am buying a car I look through these mags and internet reviews but I dont see much benefit from comparing a £35k car to a £17k - just my opinion...

The benefit is to demonstrate value for money. Take the RS500. You could buy two clio's for that price. But is the RS500 twice as good? No. Because the clio is more fun, more engaging and a better drive but not as fast. I think is the reason they use more powerful and expensive cars. Because it demonstrates to a consumer market that more money does not neccesarily mean more car.

gotta agree with paul there. but i think they like to show the clio boxing above its weight to show the fact that u dont need to spend hurrendous amounts of money to get a good fast car + it eats the other cars in its class alive. apart from the modified VXR's ive seen flying about lately